— Global Leader of Voice, Data, Internet and Managed Services Offerings Adopts Simpana Software Backup and Recovery with Deduplication to Help Deliver Next-Generation Services to Customers —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — April 21, 2010
- BT, one of the world's largest communication companies with an integrated group of businesses that provide voice and data services throughout the UK and globally, has selected CommVault® Simpana® software as part of its continuing effort to reduce costs and improve service levels for its internal and external customers.
- CommVault is partnering with HP to accelerate Simpana software deployment as part of a five-year agreement to assist BT in transforming its data management through increased adoption of data center virtualization and tiered storage solutions.
- BT will implement the Simpana Backup & Recovery module with centralized management and policy automation to expedite disk-based backups and drive significant operational efficiencies. With Simpana software, the company gains a more flexible, scalable solution which BT expects will deliver greater management visibility for better control of its massive environment, which includes more than 6 PBs of data and a large-scale Oracle deployment.
- According to BT, the Simpana Deduplication feature will help decrease redundant data across disk storage, enabling further reductions in capacity requirements and capital expenditures.
Tweet This: BT adopts @CommVault Simpana software for data management and operational cost reduction initiatives http://bit.ly/tHOP
CommVault's Singular Platform Eases Data Management, Lowers Costs
- With Simpana software, BT is able to reduce operating costs by employing a modern, singular approach to data and information management which reduces operational, administrative and infrastructure costs. CommVault Simpana software modules' common, singular platform eases deployment and ongoing management of BT's complex environment.
- Simpana software also works seamlessly with BT's Oracle systems and administrative processes, which were major considerations as the company supports massive, mission-critical Oracle databases. Simpana software is designed to streamline Oracle data management with Oracle RMAN integration to speed and simplify backup and recovery performance, providing users with real-time, secure access to business critical data.
- CommVault Simpana software has been optimized to support a managed servicesmodel. With Simpana software, BT can leverage Simpana software to support external clients interested in cloud storage services.
- CommVault's hardware-agnostic software lets customers avoid vendor lock-in. For BT, this was an important selection criterion as the company sought economical, commodity disk hardware to further reduce costs.
From Stan Sexton, Director, Global IT Services Centre of Excellence, BT:
- "Our primary goal within BT Innovate and Design is to continue to identify, design and implement solutions that further enhance the capabilities of BT's virtualized data center services. CommVault's Simpana software will be used to simplify and automate our storage backup and restore service, while delivering reduced costs and a significantly improved customer experience."
From Colin Lilburn, Head IT Technical Services, BT Operate:
- "As one of our integrated businesses, BT Operate deploys and runs communications services for customers over BT's core network and systems. To that end, BT Operate is transforming the way we provide these IT services by increasing standardization and automation in our infrastructure operations. CommVault Simpana software will be key in enabling the acceleration of this transformation."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.