— Award-Winning Simpana Software Facilitates End-to-End Electronic eDiscovery to Lower Litigation Costs, Duration & Risks While Keeping Pace with Evolving Case Law —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — April 12, 2010
- CommVault® Simpana® software continues to set the standard for efficienteDiscovery by addressing increasingly tough requirements for data preservation and collection.
- In a recent landmark court opinion issued by U.S. District Court Judge Shira Scheindlin, the court held that companies and in-house counsel must generally comply with contemporary standards for preserving documents, such as issuing written litigation holds, or risk severe sanctions. This latest decision imposed monetary penalties on 13 plaintiffs for either negligence or gross negligence in protecting relevant electronic documents from being lost or destroyed.
- This recent opinion and evolving case law underscore the challenges facing many organizations in seeking effective, efficient data management and litigation strategies to better protect discoverable data, including emails, files, documents and backup data.
- CommVault's award-winning Simpana software provides a single framework for managing end-to-end eDiscovery activities that can reduce corporate cost, risk and exposure.
- CommVault recently was honored at a LegalTech event in New York as the winner of the Law Technology News Gold Award for outstanding achievement in eDiscovery Services Preservation.
Tweet Summary: @CommVault raises bar for more efficient #ediscovery plus meeting contemporary standards for preservation and collection http://bit.ly/tHOP
Simpana Software's Unique Approach to Litigation Readiness
- CommVault addresses contemporary standards for preserving and collectingelectronically stored information (ESI), including: alerting users as to what information is subject to a legal hold, preserving electronic records and emails for key players and former employees, as well as preserving backup tapes when they relate to key custodians or are the sole source of relevant information.
- CommVault's federated legal hold feature uses federated index and search technology to identify, review and preserve relevant data across both backups and archives. Legal holds can be administered globally or selectively across the enterprise based on search criteria and/or custodians.
- Simpana software modules, including Archive and Search, are seamlessly integrated into a Singular Information Management® platform to speed and simplify data management processes while reducing the costs of enterprise-wide eDiscovery.
- CommVault's industry-leading eDiscovery and compliance solutions provide organizations with unprecedented business intelligence from all types of ESI, so they can rapidly locate key evidence, assess their position quickly and monitor costs carefully in order to choose the optimum legal strategy as early in the process as possible.
From Warren Mondschein, Vice President and General Counsel, CommVault:
- "At CommVault, we take advantage of Simpana software's web-based access to search for archived emails quickly and easily by using content based searches that can locate relevant content anywhere within the archived email, including attachments. As a result, we can expedite and simplify eDiscovery requests, compliance inquiries and audits."
From Patrick Oot, co-Founder and General Counsel for the eDiscovery Institute:
- "The latest rulings illustrate how some courts are becoming less tolerant about data management missteps. Organizations should consider taking steps to lower their risks of sanctions. Solutions that address document preservation and collection while accommodating the need for legal holds can help reduce these risks."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.