— CommVault Surpasses All Other Software Providers in Earning Highest Score for Overall Functionality & Best-in-Class Management Capabilities in Third-Party Industry Evaluation of Virtual Server Protection Software —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — December 14, 2010
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 software has garnered the No. 1 ranking in an independent industry guide to evaluating virtual server protection software, which was published by research firm DCIG on December 14, 2010.
- According to the report, CommVault received "Best in Class" honors for overall functionality in comparison to other solutions in the market, across seven categories encompassing technology, management, backup, restore, deduplication, media and support. CommVault outranked offerings from legacy software providers, including EMC, Symantec, CA and IBM, as well as point-level virtualization software vendors, such as Veeam.
- CommVault also received a "Best in Class" designation in the virtual server management category. DCIG cited Simpana software as a "stand out" in this category, as the majority of other top-ranked vendors didn't offer the same level of management features and functionality.
- The DCIG 2011 Virtual Server Backup Software Buyer's Guide evaluated 24 vendors that provide virtual server protection software. The findings were based on responses to 130 questions and end-user interviews that scored and ranked features according to those considered critical to customers today.
@CommVault earns 'Best in Class' ranking in @dciginc Virtual Server Backup software buyer's guide http://bit.ly/tHOP
CommVault Enables Businesses to Accelerate Virtual Server Adoption and Reap Dramatic Cost Savings
- As today's data centers rapidly transition to modern, virtualized architectures, enterprises face significant challenges, including increasing data storage complexity, exploding information growth, regulatory requirements and highly mobile workforces.
- CommVault, and its award winning Simpana software, is recognized for its ability to enable automated and scalable virtual data centers with a modern data and information management approach. Uniquely, CommVault drives down complexity with a single backup application approach for virtual and physical server environments that helps to substantially reduce corporate risk, improve IT operations and lower costs.
- CommVault SnapProtect™ technology integrates intelligent application agents with leading hardware array-based snapshots to eliminate legacy streaming-backup approaches while providing rapid protection and recovery of up to thousands of VMs. Real-world tests revealed that Simpana software can protect 500 VMs in 17 minutes.
- Simpana software also streamlines the management of ever-increasing VMs with automated discovery and auto-protection of file servers as well as integrated file-, volume- and VM-level recovery with multiple recovery points per day.
- With its single-platform, modular approach to data management, CommVault further reduces the cost and complexity of moving backup and archive data to a tier of cloud-based storage solutions.
"CommVault is unique in our approach to modernizing data management with a single application for managing sprawl, scalability and backup and recovery across both physical and virtual server environments," says David West, vice president of marketing and business development for CommVault. "Both customers and analysts have responded favorably to our Simpana 9 software enhancements, and DCIG's ' Best in Class' ranking further affirms that we're gaining significant momentum in leading the industry by solving tough business problems with proven solutions that lower costs, reduce risk and improve operations."
"Our latest buyer's guide is the result of an extensive efforts evaluating different vendors' solutions and talking to end-users to provide an insider's look at the virtual server backup landscape," says Jerome Wendt, president and lead analyst of DCIG Inc. "In doing so, it became apparent that CommVault really stood out in delivering both the features and functionality that end-users determined were most important in meeting their emerging business requirements."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, CommValue and ROMS, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.