— One of the Nation's Top-Ranked Hospitals for Patient Safety & Clinical Excellence Ensures Highest Levels of Patient Data Security while Lowering Storage and Administrative Costs by up to 75 Percent —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — July 19, 2010
- Ellis Medicine, the only provider of acute hospital care in New York's Schenectady County, has deployed CommVault® Simpana® software and McAfee® ePolicy Orchestrator® (McAfee ePO™) platform to lower compliance risk, respond more quickly to regulatory changes and increase productivity by safeguarding electronic medical records and other critical patient data.
- According to a study conducted by HealthGrades, a leading national healthcare ratings company, Ellis Medicine is the only hospital in the state and one of only 76 nationwide to be ranked among the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for patient safety and clinical excellence. To that end, Ellis Medicine is committed to best practices in electronic medical record retention, HIPAA compliance and end-to-end data management
- In an effort to curb costs needed to improve operational efficiency and ensure high levels of patient care at the hospital, Ellis Medicine replaced multiple disparate backup and recovery solutions, including Tivoli Storage Manager and Symantec Backup Exec, with Simpana software's Backup and Recovery and Archivemodules. By leveraging Simpana software's Singular Information Management® approach, the organization now reports reduced risk and email storage costs of up to 75 percent lower than with its previous solutions.
- According to Ellis Medicine, Simpana software's integration with the McAfee ePO platform has provided unparalleled enterprise-wide visibility to the status of backed up and archived critical patient and application data. As a result, the organization can better correlate data management and security to further reduce costs and administrative overhead while improving threat protection and overall compliance.
- Building on a strategic partnership between the two companies, unique integration between CommVault Simpana software and the McAfee ePO platform enables administrators to have more information at their fingertips – leading to faster and more concise decision making regarding security, data integrity and protection, as well as compliance status – all critical business disciplines.
Tweet This: @CommVault and @McAfee partner to deploy security and data management solution for Ellis Medicine http://bit.ly/tHOP
Seamless Integration with McAfee ePO Improves Patient Data Integrity
- According to Ellis Medicine, the customized ePO console offers color-coded status screens and "at-a-glance" information, which helps a small team quickly identify potential risks before data integrity is compromised.
- Automated reporting and email alerts also reduce operational costs and boost management efficiencies by facilitating up-to-the-minute access to all data management activities spanning backup, recovery and archive operations.
- The organization also reports expedited recoveries by easily switching from the customized McAfee ePO dashboard to the Simpana software console to accelerate other functions, such as restoring a single email from the Simpana software Archive for Microsoft Exchange.
- Ellis Medicine plans to take advantage of extended data management capabilities, including Simpana software's Replication module, to elevate disaster recovery while Simpana software's Search module could prove useful in offering streamlined access to electronically stored information (ESI) for improved productivity and further reduced risk.
- A six-person team of network engineers oversees 200 physical and virtual servers as well as 27 TBs of backups comprising critical clinical data, 1,500 email boxes and specialized healthcare applications built using Oracle, SQL and Sybase databases.
From Rodney Kowalczyk, network engineer for Ellis Medicine:
- "The ability to take security management beyond the endpoint to encompass data management and network protection is huge."
- "We really appreciate having color-coded status checks easily visible on the combined dashboard. We can assess status from across the room. We have a lot of confidence that we know what's going on at any time. Single console management of Simpana software using the McAfee ePO platform has helped us become very efficient."
- "We trust CommVault Simpana software to bring our data back. It's a great feeling to know that McAfee keeps everything secure while CommVault keeps everything safe. The fact that the platforms integrate so well together is a complete win-win."
From Mark McGill, senior network engineer for Ellis Medicine:
- "CommVault's Archive for Exchange is really helping us with our compliance demands. We grab the Exchange journal twice a day and offload the data seamlessly to our EMC SAN."
- "We've been able to shrink email box sizes from 4 GBs to a more manageable 500 MBs, while reducing storage costs by up to 75 percent by moving older emails off high-cost RAID 10 disk onto more economical SATA storage."
- "We chose CommVault and McAfee because they are two leaders in their respective fields and to have them integrate their offerings is icing on the cake."
About McAfee, Inc.
McAfee, Inc., headquartered in Santa Clara, California, is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. It delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the Web securely. With its unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee empowers home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers by enabling them to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities and continuously monitor and improve their security. http://www.mcafee.com.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. McAfee, ePolicy Orchestrator, and McAfee ePO are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others. All specifications are subject to change without notice.