— Simpana Software Outperforms Products from EMC, HP, IBM and Symantec as Users Rank CommVault the Highest in Annual Quality Survey of Enterprise-Class Backup and Recovery Software —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — June 15, 2010
- CommVault has earned top honors in the Storage magazine/SearchStorage.com Quality Awards for enterprise-class backup and recovery software. This latest accolade marks the company's fourth trip to the winner's circle, with end-users giving CommVault® Simpana® software the highest scores in four of five rating categories, including product features, product reliability, technical support and sales-force competence.
- According to the survey, CommVault continues to dominate enterprise deployments as Simpana software received the best score for every statement in the product features category. In particular, survey respondents gave Simpana software high marks for the completeness of the platform and database backups along with file-system and disk backup functionality.
- CommVault outranked competing backup and recovery solutions from EMC, HP, IBM and Symantec in winning the enterprise-class backup and recovery software category.
- Additionally, when respondents were asked if they would be willing to repurchase Simpana software, more than 83 percent concurred, reinforcing strong customer satisfaction and brand loyalty. According to the survey, one respondent commented, "CommVault is hands-down the best software I've ever encountered."
- The Storage magazine/SearchStorage.com Quality Awards are designed to identify and recognize products that have proven their quality and reliability in actual use. The survey methodology incorporates statistically valid polling to identify the most reliable products on the market, as ranked by 358 respondents who provided 567 backup and recovery software evaluations.
Tweet This: @TechTarget awards @CommVault with Storage Magazine's Quality Awards for the fourth time http://bit.ly/tHOP
CommVault Receives Accolades for Advanced, Integrated Functionality & Technical Support
- In February, CommVault also garnered gold in Storage magazine's coveted Product of the Year awards. Simpana software was ranked as the best product of 2009 in the backup and disaster recovery software and services category, as judged by a panel of users, industry analysts, consultants as well asSearchStorage.com and Storage magazine editors.
- According to the judges of the Storage magazine/Searchstorage.com Product of the Year awards, Simpana software stood out for its functionality, value, performance, innovation, ease of use and integration. One of the judges said Simpana software is "an incredibly functional product that integrates more into the complete suite than most vendors even offer as separate products."
- CommVault's Singular Information Management® approach and unified Backup & Recovery, Archive, Replication, Resource Management and Search modules enable customers to manage massive amounts of critical data holistically and through a single pane of glass to deliver users major operational and cost advantages.
- Recently, CommVault reinforced its strength in technical service and support by announcing the results of its 2010 benchmark for excellence in technical support. According to the results of the company's fiscal 2010 technical support services survey, CommVault achieved a 97-percent customer satisfaction rating, which far exceeds industry averages of 75 percent for organizations of a similar size to CommVault.
- David West, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at CommVault
"CommVault is honored to be recognized as Storage magazine's pinnacle of enterprise-class backup and recovery software quality. We're incredibly committed to ensuring that our market-leading Simpana software platform continues to meet and exceed our customers' ever-increasing business demands while ensuring outstanding product reliability and technical support. The end user is always at the forefront for CommVault, so it's gratifying to receive validation from both our highly satisfied customers and well-respected industry thought leaders who applaud our accomplishments."
- Rich Castagna, Editorial Director of the Storage Media Group for Storagemagazine and SearchStorage.com wrote in the article reporting the results of the Quality Awards survey,
"CommVault's Simpana software platform is beginning to look like the 1927 New York Yankees of enterprise backup and recovery software with yet another impressive win in our Quality Awards service and reliability survey. With the highest score recorded for the product features category, CommVault proves that there's plenty of substance behind the style of its backup suite."
About the Storage magazine/SearchStorage.com Quality Awards
The results of the Storage magazine/SearchStorage.com Quality Awards are derived from a survey of qualified readers who assess products in five main categories: sales-force competence, initial product quality, product features, product reliability and technical support. The methodology incorporates statistically valid polling that eliminates market share as a factor. The objective is to identify the most reliable products on the market regardless of vendor name, reputation or size. Products were rated on a scale of 1.00 to 8.00, where 8.00 is the best score. A total of 358 respondents provided 567 backup and recovery software evaluations.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.