— California Retail Bank Leverages Simpana Software to Ensure Seamless Disaster Recovery, Regulatory Compliance and Lower Storage Costs for Data Center and Remote Bank Branches —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — March 16, 2010
- CapitalSource Bank, a Los Angeles-based retail bank with a suite of diverse savings options, is using CommVault® Simpana® software to safeguard critical financial and operational data dispersed across 22 branch locations throughout California, as well as a main data center and disaster recovery site. CapitalSource Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of CapitalSource Inc., a publicly traded commercial finance company focused on the needs of middle-market borrowers.
- To help provide the highest levels of quality customer service, meet stringent Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for protection and recovery, ensure compliance, and reduce storage costs by decreasing redundant data, CapitalSource Bank says it relies on Simpana software.
- CapitalSource Bank takes advantage of integrated functionality from CommVault, including Simpana software modules for Backup & Recovery, Replication, andArchive as well as Simpana software's integrated Deduplication feature. The bank also cites the ability to leverage Simpana software's centralized management console and robust reporting for running all modules and reviewing operational status as a major cost savings and administrative benefit.
- Additionally, CapitalSource Bank reports increased protection against site-wide disasters, data loss and service disruptions by replicating vital data easily and efficiently to an off-site disaster recovery location. According to the bank, they have increased recovery times by more than 50 percent as data can now be restored from disk quickly without the need to retrieve offsite tapes or recover data from slow tape drives.
Twitter Summary: Innovative LA-based retail bank safeguards customer data with multiple @CommVault Simpana 8 modules http://bit.ly/tHOP
Banking on CommVault's Unified Replication, Archiving and Deduplication Modules
- CommVault technology has helped CapitalSource Bank streamline backup and recovery operations, including replicating data automatically to the bank's disaster recovery site to ensure the highest level of data protection. According to the bank, the decision to replicate data offsite rather than deploy tape encryption was driven by Simpana software's ease of use and simplified data management, along with an overarching goal to expedite disaster recovery.
- Recently, CapitalSource Bank evaluated leading deduplication solutions, including Data Domain, EMC Avamar and CommVault Simpana software's embedded global deduplication, to lower long-term storage costs by reducing redundant data. Unlike hardware-based solutions, which require the addition of expensive appliances, CommVault's software-based deduplication extends and embeds global deduplication across all backup and archive data. Activated by a simple license key, Simpana deduplication was enabled across backup and archive copies delivering better performance at a fraction of the cost of bulky hardware appliances.
- The bank found that CommVault's Singular Information Management® approach better fit its overall environment and operational goals. As a result, the bank deployed Simpana Deduplication and now reports a reduction in redundant data by nearly 70 percent as well as a significantly smaller data storage footprint which helps lower IT costs.
- Together, CommVault's archiving and deduplication capabilities enable CapitalSource Bank to further reduce data and improve space management. According to the customer, the combination of archiving and deduplication is enabling the bank to shrink storage capacity consumption across primary storage, disk-based backups and even tape for more efficient, cost-effective long-term data retention.
From Justin Schaeffer, systems administrator for CapitalSource Bank:
- "At CapitalSource Bank, we go out of our way to provide the personal service customers expect with the reliability they depend upon, which is why we rely on CommVault's Simpana software to ensure the highest levels of data protection and operational efficiency."
- "In particular, I appreciate having a single pane of glass for running backup jobs and reviewing stats while also setting policies for replication, archiving and deduplication from a centralized console."
- "CommVault's deduplication software has performed exactly as it was supposed to. We've been able to derive better back-end storage efficiencies, which will enable CapitalSource Bank to accommodate rapid data growth and meet extended data retention requirements as needed."
- "CommVault's technical support staff is highly knowledgeable and extremely responsive, which has proven invaluable in accelerating resolutions to any technical issues or concerns."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.