— Expansion of CommVault's Distribution Strategy Reinforces Channel Commitment while Providing Resellers with Access to Complementary Solutions to Drive Simpana Software Sales & Deployments —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — May 11, 2010
- CommVault is expanding its distribution channel through a partnership with Avnet Technology Solutions, a solutions distribution leader and operating group ofAvnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT), to support the sale of CommVault® Simpana® software to value-added reseller partners throughout North America, including the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- The newly signed distribution agreement provides CommVault'sPartnerAdvantage resellers with the additional flexibility to purchase Simpana software from Avnet while gaining access to Avnet's portfolio of SolutionsPath™offerings designed to accelerate time-to-market and increase profits with minimal investment and risk.
- The announcement builds on the complementary distribution agreements that already exist between CommVault and Avnet in the UK, Ireland, Singapore, Malaysia and Australia, broadening CommVault's footprint within the global Avnet portfolio.
- CommVault will work with Avnet to assist both existing and future reseller partners in solving customers' toughest data and information management problems with integrated solutions that encompass Simpana software and other technologies and services that span Avnet's valued supplier partners, including AMD, HP, IBM, NetApp and Oracle/Sun Microsystems.
- By working with Avnet and CommVault, reseller partners will also be able to leverage the strengths of CommVault's unique Singular Information Management® platform to address the emerging information management market and the challenges that proliferate, related to the costs of enterprise-wide Search,eDiscovery and compliance.
- CommVault continues to invest in its channel programs to help partners drive high-margin revenue from Simpana software's unified modules, including Backup,Replication, Archive, Search and Resource Management.
Tweet This: @CommVault signs distribution agreement with Avnet http://bit.ly/tHOP
Continued Channel Commitment Benefits North American PartnerAdvantageChannel Partners
- CommVault also is increasing its channel marketing efforts to provide partners with end-user focused programs and continuing education on industry-leading solutions, including Global Deduplication, Cloud Integration and Virtualization. As part of its relationship with Avnet, CommVault will be leveraging Avnet's capabilities to deliver cloud integration and virtualization solutions to partners.
- Additionally, CommVault continues to streamline data and information management deployments with its singular product platform, which is easier to deploy and support than a variety of point products, each with different technical accreditations and installation requirements.
- CommVault's technical support infrastructure, which consistently achieves high marks in customer satisfaction, provides partners with additional up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
From Mark Conley, senior director of North American Channels for CommVault:
- "This North American distribution agreement with Avnet is the latest example of CommVault's channel-centric strategy for offering existing and future reseller partners the purchasing flexibility, go-to-market programs and technical services they need to drive increased revenue and profit from selling and deploying Simpana software."
From Gavin Miller, vice president and general manager of Technology Infrastructure Solutions at Avnet Technology Solutions Americas:
- "By expanding our distribution agreement with CommVault to include North America, Avnet expects to repeat the same success we've already demonstrated in other regions. We look forward to building on this success by leveraging our unique SolutionsPath™ methodology to engage our reseller partners in identifying new opportunities and accelerating the sales cycles for CommVault in high-growth vertical and technology markets."
From Larry Gentry, president, Custom Storage, a data storage value added reseller based in Scottsdale, Arizona:
- "As a current CommVault Gold Partner, their single operating platform combined with Avnet's solutions support allows us to offer our customers complete data and information management solutions that are modular and easy for them to use. CommVault's offerings can expand easily as our customers' business needs grow, without forcing them to change platforms or technologies. Leveraging Avnet's robust SolutionsPath™ enablement tools, they have been a great partner to help us grow our business, and I know I can count on Avnet to develop a joint growth plan that will drive incremental revenue with CommVault."
About Avnet Technology Solutions
As a global solutions distributor, Avnet Technology Solutions collaborates with its customers and suppliers to create and deliver effective solutions that address the business challenges of their end-user customers locally and around the world. For fiscal year 2009, the group served customers in more than 30 countries and generated US $7.04 billion in annual revenue. Avnet Technology Solutions (www.ats.avnet.com) is an operating group of Avnet, Inc. Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT), a Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology in the world. Avnet accelerates its partners' success by connecting the world's leading technology suppliers with a broad base of more than 100,000 customers and providing cost-effective, value-added services and solutions. For the fiscal year ended June 27, 2009, Avnet generated revenue of $16.23 billion. For more information, visit www.avnet.com.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.