— Leading Water Services Provider Embraces CommVault Simpana Software for Integrated Backup, Recovery, Replication, Deduplication & Remote Office Protection —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — May. 10, 2010
- United Water, one of the nation's leading water and wastewater services providers serving more than seven million people in 24 states, has selected CommVault® Simpana® software to safeguard vital Oracle customer and operational data dispersed across 30 remote offices and two data centers.
- Simpana software replaces United Water's legacy software with a consolidateddata protection and recovery strategy that is expected to help lower risks and costs while enabling the water services provider to more efficiently respond to customer service and support queries with rapid access to customer data.
- The implementation unifies several Simpana software modules and features including Backup & Recovery, Replication and Deduplication, enabling the IT department to seamlessly address its remote office/ branch office data protection needs within a single pane of glass.
- By combining global data deduplication with data replication, United Water can eliminate redundant data from remote office backups while reducing the company's overall backup footprint, including the number of tapes used and shipped offsite daily.
- Simpana software's common platform and Singular Information Management®approach enables United Water to eliminate several customizations that limited the flexibility of the previous software, and reduce administrative overhead to gain significant operational efficiencies and cost benefits.
To Tweet This: @United_Water keeps crucial services flowing freely while protecting vital customer data with #Simpana Software http://bit.ly/iuT0u
Singular Platform Meets a Rising Tide of Data Management Demands
- By replacing its legacy CA ARCserve software platform with CommVault Simpana software, United Water is poised to scale its data management infrastructure quickly and easily to accommodate rapid business growth.
- United Water expects a major improvement in Oracle data protection, as Simpana software integrates seamlessly with Oracle, eliminating the need for time-consuming and cumbersome scripting. Previously, the company's database administrators spent an inordinate amount of time and effort writing and administering complex, custom scripts.
- United Water chose CommVault's embedded deduplication software over competing solutions, including NetBackup PureDisk, Avamar and Data Domain; the company preferred a solution that was part of a unified platform and also wanted to apply data reduction techniques across disk and tape storage tiers.
- Using Simpana software's consolidated, enterprise reporting capabilities, United Water expects to be able to keep pace with growing data management demands while providing value-added analysis of storage growth requirements. This is expected to help the water services provider to reduce storage costs and deliver more valuable service to customers.
From Steve Mahan, director of IT infrastructure at United Water:
- "CommVault's singular platform approach is quite appealing as it provides a common technology framework for protecting all our mission-critical data while also offering a series of integrated modules for helping us boost business continuity and maintain stringent quality of service levels."
- "We expect to reap significant operational efficiencies and cost savings from being able to centralize administration of backups and recoveries for our dispersed offices. CommVault's Simpana software will enable us to reduce the risks, costs and operational failures associated with protecting and recovering data from remote sites."
- "United Water is really looking forward to eliminating the need for custom scripts in order to back up and recover our crucial Oracle databases. The fact that Simpana software works so well with Oracle means that our database administrators now will be able to spend their time focusing on much more strategic initiatives for the company."
- "By taking advantage of Simpana software's continuous replication, we expect to improve both our Recovery Point and Recovery Time Objectives (RPO/RTO). Adding deduplication to the mix also is a big plus as we are hoping to reduce up to 90 percent of United Water's backup and archive data currently stored on disk and tape."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.