— Enhancement Improves Protection of Desktop and Laptop Data with WAN-Efficient Deduplication, Intelligent Scheduling & Intuitive End-User Interface —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — April 12, 2011
- The latest enhancement to CommVault® Simpana® software ensures that data residing on corporate desktops and laptops is easily protected, archived and indexed improving the availability of all data while meeting ever-increasing compliance requirements.
- Recent research from Enterprise Strategy Group, Inc. reveals that endpoint devices, including desktop and laptop PCs, are often under-protected. According to the December 2010 research report, "Endpoint Device Backup Trends," less than half (49%) of organizations that currently have data protection processes for endpoint devices actually back up all of their desktop PCs and only 38 percent do so for laptops. At the other end of the spectrum, 11 percent of respondents said that less than 25 percent of desktops are protected or they have no data protection process at all and 12 percent of their laptops fall into the same category.
- With Simpana 9's enhanced desktop/laptop solution, CommVault has extended its unified, policy-driven data management approach to help customers lower the cost, risk, administrative overhead and network bandwidth needed to protect and archive remote and mobile data.
- CommVault's latest solution takes advantage of third-generation deduplicationcapabilities, which eliminate redundant backup and archive data before sending it across any network. Utilizing source-side deduplication can result in the transfer of up to 90 percent less data across the network, which alleviates problems associated with bandwidth constrictions and reduces backup windows.
- CommVault's modern data management platform delivers the intelligence, automation and scalability to protect, store and recover data, regardless of where it resides. With Simpana software, customers have access to the most comprehensive set of data and information management solutions, which can be added into their environment seamlessly to meet dynamic business demands.
.@CommVault improves data protection with solution for desktop/laptop #backup, recovery & compliance #archiving http://bit.ly/iuT0u
Comprehensive Data Management from Endpoint to Archive
- CommVault's endpoint data protection solution can be deployed quickly and easily in large-scale environments with tens of thousands of platforms using built-in, automated client discovery and installation features.
- Additionally, CommVault's desktop/laptop solution includes an intuitive web console, which enables remote employees to self-mange backup functions according to corporate guidelines. Moreover, they can restore data whenever and wherever necessary.
- Automated, intelligent scheduling is integrated with global data protection policies to simplify and speed backup operations without impacting user activities or productivity.
- CommVault's expanded desktop/laptop data protection solution is also fully integrated with other Simpana software solutions, such as Archive and Enterprise Search, to improve overall eDiscovery and compliance information workflow.
- CommVault users can take advantage of a single console to search, sort, select and retrieve corporate information, including remote and mobile data. The company's enterprise search capability ensures that all data sources are accounted for, which reduces the risk of important emails or files being lost or accidentally deleted from desktops or laptops.
From Jeff Echols, senior director of product marketing, cloud strategy & alliances for CommVault:
- "CommVault has extended its comprehensive data protection for servers and applications to encompass greater support for desktops and laptops, all of which can be protected easily as part of our holistic approach. In doing so, we've unified the management of data from endpoint to archive and eDiscovery while taking advantage of our single platform, intelligent software and source-side deduplication to yield compelling cost and operational benefits."
From Sheila Childs, director of storage strategies and technologies for Gartner:
- "It's becoming increasingly clear that important data residing on endpoint devices may not be adequately protected, which leaves organizations vulnerable to risk and exposure. For that reason, backup modernization projects should include a strategy for aligning both server and endpoint data protection with an overarching corporate backup and recovery policy."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, CommValue and ROMS, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.