—Ex-VMware, Industry Veteran Recruited to Drive CommVault Growth across South East Asia—
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — SINGAPORE — August 23, 2011
- Koh Eng Kheng has joined CommVault as the new regional director for the ASEAN region, including Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Based in the company's Singapore office, Eng Kheng will be responsible for driving CommVault's growth in the region, through sales and channel marketing activities and to establish market leadership in enterprise data and information management.
- Supported by locally based country sales managers and pre-sales teams, Eng Kheng will focus on channel programs designed to help solve customers' physical, virtual and cloud storage business challenges with CommVault® Simpana® software.
- Eng Kheng brings to CommVault over 17 years of experience building and managing teams and businesses across ASEAN with leading global technology companies.
- Most recently, Eng Kheng spent seven years as the regional director of VMware ASEAN. As one of the pioneers for VMware in the region, he was instrumental in starting and subsequently, growing VMware's business in the region. Prior to joining VMware, he was general manager for Hyperion Solutions for ASEAN and India, and country manager for Storage Systems at IBM Singapore.
@CommVault appoints ex-VMware director Koh Eng Kheng as regional director for ASEAN http://bit.ly/pc9J7S
Gerard Sillars - Vice President, CommVault - Asia Pacific & Japan:
- "CommVault is enjoying considerable growth across the entire Asia Pacific and Japan region, and the ASEAN countries continue to represent a significant growth opportunity market for us. Having worked with large enterprise customers and partners across the region for many years, Eng Kheng has proven industry credibility and brings specific expertise in delivering solutions that help protect and manage world-class virtual server environments. I am confident that he will continue to play a key role in charting out our business strategy across the ASEAN region and beyond."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.