—New Channel Enablement Program Combines VMware, Dell and Simpana Software Building Blocks to Scale Virtual Server Deployments with Integrated Backup, Recovery & Archive—
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — LAS VEGAS, NV — August 29, 2011
The groundswell of enthusiasm for virtual server technologies continues to build as companies seek more efficient, flexible and agile IT frameworks to support vital business operations. These benefits can be realized, however, only if computing, network, storage and data management resources are properly designed and deployed. New converged virtual infrastructures solve part of the problem with standardized building blocks, but often these solutions address data protection as an afterthought, which creates undue risk and cost. CommVault is putting data protection front and center with the introduction of its Virtual Infrastructure Reference Architecture Leaders (VIRAL) program. The foundation of the VIRAL program is the introduction of an easily scalable converged virtual infrastructure reference architecture with integrated backup, recovery and archive. VIRAL-based solutions will help channel partners and end users lower costs, mitigate risk and speed up large virtual infrastructure deployments and modernization initiatives.
- Today at VMworld® 2011, CommVault is launching Virtual Infrastructure Reference Architecture Leaders (VIRAL), a highly innovative channel enablement program designed to accelerate the growth and expansion of virtual infrastructures for large enterprises, service providers and public/hybrid cloud vendors.
- In the first of several reference architectures, this unique program includes a reference architecture based on VMware software, Dell storage hardware andCommVault® Simpana® 9 software modules for Backup and Recovery andArchive. This allows users to complete deployment and seamlessly integrate protection of a large, scalable virtual infrastructure in a matter of hours instead of days. Once the initial deployment is complete, Simpana software then can be used to manage, protect and report on the virtual environment.
- With the VIRAL program, CommVault is coming together with industry-leading virtualization technology providers to give resellers a simple solution for deploying scalable virtual infrastructure solutions, along with data protection best practices to safeguard and scale VMware environments.
- Building on the recent introduction of CommVault's Microsoft Exchange focused reseller bundle, CommVault also is releasing a new Application Data Management bundle for VMware environments that targets mid-market customers with a single solution. The bundle helps ease and expedite the purchase, installation, configuration and operation of virtual server deployments for departmental and mid-market customers.
- CommVault's unified approach enables VMware resellers to deliver value-added, comprehensive solutions for VMware backup, recovery, archive and reporting.
@CommVault launches VIRAL program & infrastructure building blocks for @VMware resellers http://bit.ly/p5igHQ
Accelerating Virtual Infrastructure Adoption
- CommVault's VIRAL and Application Data Management (ADM) bundle for VMware environments defines everything resellers and customers would need to install and manage both small and large VMware deployments, including servers, storage, connectivity and data protection. The result: accelerated VMware virtualization adoption and rapid ROI.
- CommVault's infrastructure technology leadership is underscored by a strong channel commitment that encompasses a complete set of sales tools, design guides, reference architectures and margin incentives to drive profitable virtual infrastructure business.
- With Simpana software as the core data protection foundation, both the VIRAL program and Application Data Management bundle for VMware environments include SnapProtect hardware snapshot tools for increased application availability, advanced source-side deduplication as well as improved recovery point and recovery time objectives (RTO/RPO).
- Mark Conley, senior director of North American channels for CommVault:
"CommVault's new VIRAL channel enablement program and Application Data Management bundle for VMware are the latest examples of how we're helping channel partners and their customers fit the missing piece to the data protection puzzle for both large and mid-market converged virtual infrastructures. Together with Dell and VMware, CommVault is helping companies of all sizes on their journey to virtualization and cloud computing."
- Travis Vigil, executive director of storage marketing for Dell:
"As IT organizations move from deploying dedicated physical servers to virtual machines, demand for providing protection of critical data has increased. This collaboration among Dell, CommVault and VMware has resulted in a fully integrated and tested solution based on Dell Fluid Data architecture that helps to reduce the risk, cost and complexity of deploying virtual environments. With this solution, customers can rapidly reduce the time to benefit from their virtual infrastructures."
- Randy Weis director, solutions architecture, for GreenPages Technology Solutions:
"As a leader in deploying virtual infrastructure technologies, we share CommVault's commitment to helping organizations recognize the maximum benefits of cost, flexibility and agility from private, public and hybrid clouds. In joining CommVault's VIRAL program, we can take advantage of pre-defined, pre-tested building blocks to tailor solutions that easily, efficiently and economically support customers with 50 or 5,000 virtual machines."
- Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, for VMware:
"We are pleased to partner with CommVault in this program as it supports the spread of scalable virtual infrastructures while enabling the highest levels of data protection for our customers. By delivering a set of fully integrated backup, recovery and archive capabilities, we're making it much easier for our partners to deliver the operational, data management and business benefits of virtual server technologies."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
VMware and VMworld are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.