—CommVault to Discuss the Benefits of Snapshot-based Data Protection in VMware and vCloud Deployments—
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — August 24, 2011
CommVault today announced that it will be participating in the upcoming VMworld 2011conference, August 29 – September 1, 2011, at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas, NV. At the conference, CommVault will outline the data protection challenges inherent to deploying large scale VMware and cloud environments and detail solutions that can minimize performance impact on production hosts, deliver rapid backups of key application data multiple times per day, accelerate restores to minutes instead of hours, deliver granular search and restore capabilities, support disaster recovery scenarios and multi-tenancy using CommVault® Simpana® 9 software and snapshot technology. CommVault will also be exhibiting at VMworld 2011 in booth #801.
- Who: Phil Curran, Senior Product Marketing Manager, CommVault
- What: "Backup in a Snap: A modern backup approach for large scale VMware and vCloud deployments"
- A key challenge in deploying large scale VMware and vCloud deployments is the ability to quickly and efficiently backup and manage the data supporting the virtual infrastructure. This session will propose solutions to these challenges with a focus on:
- Rapid, scalable, VMware backups leveraging multi-platform hardware-based snapshot protection
- Advanced recovery options, including message-level restores and multiple application recovery points per day
- vCloud integration for backing up large scale cloud and multi-tenant environments
- When: Thursday, September 1, 2011, 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. PDT
- Where: The Venetian Hotel, VMworld 2011 Solutions Exchange Theater
Heading to #VMworld? Check out @CommVault's session on modern data protection for #VMware and #vCloud environments http://bit.ly/rits8P #VMworldCV
Schedule of Events
- In addition to the Solutions Exchange Theater session, CommVault will be presenting exclusive VMworld demos, best practices, case studies and discussion forums hosted by experts and customers throughout the conference at booth #801.
- Booth presentations and discussions will cover topics ranging from virtual server data protection, cloud enablement, scalable virtual infrastructures and case studies and best practices during a series of "Customers on CommVault" presentations.
Monday, August 29
- 6:00 p.m.: Customers on CommVault discussion forum to talk about experiences and best practices
Tuesday, August 30
- 11:00 a.m.: Virtual Server Data Protection live demos and presentations
- 12:00 p.m.: Introducing VIRAL: VMware Infrastructure Reference Architecture Leaders with Dell-EqualLogic
- 1:00 p.m.: CommVault SnapProtect: Integrated VMware protection with NetApp
- 2:00 p.m.: Cloud Enablement live demos and presentations
- 3:00 p.m.: Virtual Server Data Protection live demos and presentations
- 4:00 p.m.: Customers on CommVault discussion forum to talk about experiences and best practices
Wednesday, August 31
- 11:00 a.m.: Cloud Enablement live demos and presentations
- 12:00 p.m.: CommVault SnapProtect: Integrated VMware protection with NetApp
- 1:00 p.m.: Introducing VIRAL: VMware Infrastructure Reference Architecture Leaders with Dell-EqualLogic
- 2:00 p.m.: Virtual Server Data Protection live demos and presentations
- 3:00 p.m.: Cloud Enablement live demos and presentations
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.