—Canada's Largest Privately Owned Agribusiness Projects Nine-Month ROI and Reduces Headcount by Replacing Point Products with Simpana Software for Comprehensive Virtual Data Protection—
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — August 23, 2011
- Richardson International, Canada's largest, privately owned agribusiness, has deployed CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software to increase operational efficiencies while lowering the administrative overhead required to protect a completely virtualized server environment encompassing two data centers, eight remote sites and hundreds of virtual machines.
- Richardson International turned to server virtualization technology six years ago to readily accommodate growth and achieve business agility in support of its 30 software developers, custom agribusiness applications and 1,750 employees across Canada. The company quickly realized that its disparate point products for virtual server protection and remote tape backups were putting a strain on its 52-person IT department.
- In an effort to lower storage and maintenance costs, reduce administration and increase efficiencies across the board, Richardson International has centralized disk-based backup and recovery to support its VMware vSphere environment while alleviating the significant performance and management problems it experienced with its legacy IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) platform. Thanks to Simpana deduplication and backup software, the company reports that the nightly backup window has been reduced by more than 50 percent.
- CommVault's seamless virtual server protection, including simple-to-install Virtual Server Agent (VSA) and tight integration with VMware's vStorage API for Data Protection (VADP), ensures end-to-end protection of vital corporate data.
- The company's IT environment is 100-percent virtualized and, by consolidating separate point products for virtual server protection and remote backup/recovery with CommVault's singular platform approach to modern data management, Richardson International can now support its developers and end users faster, easier and more efficiently.
- Richardson International projects a nine-month ROI on its Simpana software deployment, especially given the additional features and functionality that can be leveraged from CommVault's modern data management approach and the significantly reduced administrative time for managing daily backup/recovery operations.
Richardson International grows virtual server farm with @CommVault #Simpana data protection http://bit.ly/psLQcu
Harvesting a Bumper Crop of Simpana Software Benefits
- According to Richardson International, CommVault's capacity licensing model and integrated capabilities enable the team to focus on more innovative ways to manage and protect critical data in supporting their thriving business instead of worrying about performing cost analyses to justify each new data protection add, expansion and upgrade.
- Simpana software's centralized management provides a single pane of glass to manage local and remote data backups and restores; full VM image and granular file recoveries ensure the highest levels of virtual server protection.
- Richardson International replaced IBM TSM and SyncSort with Simpana software and now is evaluating CommVault's Edge Data Protection solution to eliminate CrashPlan as part of additional consolidation with Simpana software.
From Paul Beaudry, Assistant Vice President of Technical Services, Management Information Services for Richardson International:
- "With CommVault Simpana software, we've been able to migrate off three disparate point products and consolidate all our data protection requirements on a singular platform that delivers end-to-end protection of our entire environment. The result is a more efficient, interoperable and easier method for managing and protecting vital data."
- "We have probably freed the equivalent of a full-time staffer as Simpana's single pane of glass management makes it easy to perform both backups and recoveries of our entire environment. We appreciate having the flexibility to conduct LAN-free backups along with full VM image or granular file recoveries, which ensures the highest levels of virtual server protection."
- "With hundreds of potential backup sources, CommVault's capacity licensing model works great for us. Now the team can focus on what needs protection without worrying about the economics. This approach helps us make better decisions without worrying about performing individual cost analyses every time we want to expand our capabilities."
- "We expect to achieve a return on our Simpana software investment in approximately nine months, especially with so many additional features that we can continue to benefit from."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
VMware, VMware vCenter and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.