CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — July 5, 2011
Today, CommVault announced it has won the 2011 Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year Award. The company was honored among a global field of top Microsoft partners for demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of customer solutions based on Microsoft technology.
This award, chosen by Microsoft judges, reflects CommVault's long history of aligning efforts with Microsoft and its commitment to and success helping Microsoft customers better manage data in Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint® Server, SQL Server®, Azure and Hyper-V environments.
CommVault helps companies protect their data and manage explosive data growth across physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures. Through its award winning Simpana® 9 software and data deduplication technology, companies can reduce data by up to 90 percent while lowering data management costs and increasing the reliability and flexibility of their server infrastructures.
- CommVault has won the 2011 Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year Award. The company was honored among a global field of top Microsoft partners for demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of customer solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- Awards were presented in multiple categories, with winners chosen from a set of more than 3,000 entrants worldwide. CommVault was recognized for providing outstanding solutions and services in Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year.
- The Server Platform Partner of the Year Award honors a partner who has delivered solutions enabling a customer to increase the reliability and flexibility of server infrastructures, save time and reduce costs, and provide a server platform for a dynamic and efficiently managed datacenter. This award recognizes CommVault for dramatically transforming customer's server infrastructure resulting in higher levels of scalability, availability, and reliability, reduced IT labor or hardware costs, and streamlined overall operational efficiency.
- The Microsoft Partner Awards recognize Microsoft partners that have developed and delivered exceptional Microsoft-based solutions over the past year.
@CommVault named 2011 @Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year http://bit.ly/eQeFqn
CommVault® Simpana® 9 for Microsoft Platforms
- Simpana 9 software is the foundation for modern data management and allows users to better manage information assets, recover and search data more quickly and ultimately save money over loosely integrated, legacy solutions. CommVault has optimized Simpana 9 software in order to protect data and information assets wherever they reside; physical, virtual, and in the cloud. Simpana software delivers a truly unified approach that helps users accelerate performance, improve efficiency and lower cost.
- The Windows Server 2008 R2 certified and Hyper-V accredited Simpana 9 software is a single software platform that enables data protection, active-archiving, granular backup and recovery, deduplication and content search and indexing for Windows, Windows Server, Hyper-V and applications residing in Windows environments. CommVault software can also assist customers in migrating from UNIX, Linux and Netware to Windows as a heterogeneous data backed up and archived by CommVault can be restored to Windows.
- "Microsoft is pleased to distinguish CommVault as Server Platform Partner of the Year," said Bob Kelly, corporate vice president of Infrastructure and Server Marketing at Microsoft. "Utilizing Microsoft's Windows Server 2008 platform, technologies and solution accelerators, CommVault has transformed customer server infrastructures by enabling more effective data management, increasing efficiency, reducing costs, and amplifying both consistency and flexibility of the overall system architecture."
- "CommVault is proud to be recognized by Microsoft as the 2011 Server Platform Partner of the Year," said Randy De Meno, chief technologist, Windows Products & Microsoft Partnerships, CommVault. "The recognition continues the tradition of strong collaboration between CommVault and Microsoft which started over a decade ago and is the foundation of our Simpana technology today. Building Simpana software on the Windows platform was a strategic decision and is key to enabling us to rapidly deliver our solution to market and expedite development cycles."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Product or service names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.