— Appointments Strengthen Leadership Team and Align with Business Priorities to Accelerate Company Growth —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — May 16, 2011
- CommVault is announcing key executive appointments to further improve Company sales efficiencies and accelerate revenue growth.
- Ron Miiller, formerly vice president of sales for the Americas and an 11-year CommVault veteran, has been promoted to the newly created role of senior vice president of worldwide sales. In this role, Miiller will ensure that the global sales organization leverages best practices and establishes greater consistency in sales and go-to-market processes across CommVault's U.S., EMEA, APJ and China operations, as well as its OEM sales organization.
- David West has been promoted to senior vice president of marketing and business development and will continue to drive worldwide marketing, business development and strategic alliances. He will focus on consistency of messaging across the global marketing organizations and management of outside resources.
- Peter Kobs, who recently joined CommVault from McAfee, has been promoted to vice president of sales for the Americas. Formerly CommVault's area vice president for the U.S. Central region, Kobs will step into the lead Americas sales role.
- Alistair Clark joins CommVault in the newly created role of vice president, worldwide sales operations. He will be responsible for initiatives to streamline and increase the effectiveness of CommVault's sales force processes.
.@CommVault executive appointments to accelerate business and revenue growth http://bit.ly/iuT0u
Appointments Reflect Investment in Growing CommVault's Leadership Team
- Miiller joined CommVault in 2000 as the U.S. Central region sales manager. He has served as vice president of sales for the Americas since Jan. 2005. Prior to joining CommVault, Miiller was director of Central region sales for Softworks.
- West also joined CommVault in 2000 as vice president of business development. He has served as vice president of marketing and business development since Sept. 2005. Before CommVault, West worked at Legato Systems where he held roles as director of strategic alliances and vice president of storage solutions.
- Kobs came to CommVault in Nov. 2010 bringing with him 20 years of sales experience. Prior to CommVault, he was a regional sales director at McAfee and has held sales positions for enterprise software companies including Pedestal Software, KVS, Informatica, Allaire and Platinum Technology.
- Clark was previously a principal at The Alexander Group, a sales management consulting firm. He brings extensive international sales consulting experience working for Fortune 1000 companies in the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Prior to his consulting career, Clark held sales and marketing roles for major European organizations including Reed-Elsevier, Autoglass and Coloroll.
- N. Robert Hammer, chairman, president and CEO, CommVault
"These executive appointments streamline our sales and marketing processes and place more executive attention on accelerating our revenue and growth. The establishment of one integrated worldwide sales organization aligned with strategic, global marketing operations, is critical to our ongoing success. Each of these executives will play a critical role in leading CommVault into the future."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.