—NetApp® SnapProtect™ Management Software Integrates CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software to Enable Customers to Manage Enterprise Data—
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — May 31, 2011
Company to Host Conference Call
- CommVault will host a conference call June 1, 2011, at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time (5:30 a.m. Pacific Time) to discuss its global OEM Agreement with NetApp.
- Investors may also access the call by dialing 800-599-9816 (domestic) or 617-847-8705 (international).
- Investors can also access the webcast by visiting www.commvault.com. The live webcast and replay will be hosted under "Investor Events" located under the "Investor Relations" section of the website. An archived webcast of this conference call will also be available following the call.
- To help customers improve the speed, efficiency, and simplicity of their backup and recovery operations, CommVault today announced that it has entered into a global OEM agreement with NetApp under which NetApp will integrate elements of CommVault's industry leading Simpana® 9 software with NetApp SnapShot™ and replication technology, under the NetApp SnapProtect™ brand.
- NetApp SnapProtect software, based on an OEM version of Simpana software and close integration with NetApp SnapVault® and SnapMirror® transforms how companies can efficiently protect, manage and access enterprise data across all tiers of storage.
- Under this expanded relationship between NetApp and CommVault, NetApp will offer its NetApp SnapProtect branded software, a unique packaging of the Simpana snapshot copies, replication and tape management software, licensed on a per controller basis. SnapProtect software is designed specifically for customers that want to combine efficient, high-speed NetApp Snapshot™ technology and replication with tape in a single backup solution that accelerates and simplifies data protection.
- Simpana customers will also benefit from this announcement because of the increased integration and management of NetApp Snapshot™ technologies within Simpana to accelerate and simplify the backup and recovery process.
- NetApp SnapProtect management software will be sold through NetApp's worldwide direct sales force and distribution partners.
- With today's OEM agreement, NetApp joins a growing list of top-tier storage vendors that have partnered with CommVault, including Dell, Hitachi Data Systems, Bull and Fujitsu.
.@CommVault, @NetApp enter into global OEM deal http://bit.ly/iuT0u
A Modern Data Protection Solution for Physical and Virtual Data Centers
- Legacy approaches to enterprise data protection are broken and can lead to a high risk of business interruption and skyrocketing costs. According to Lauren Whitehouse, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group, "more than one-third (38%) of ESG research respondents1 identified improving the backup and recovery of virtual machines as a key area of focus. As more organizations deploy virtualization in production environments and expand the reach of the technology, the inadequacies of non-optimized backup and recovery solutions will continue to be exposed."
- Enterprise organizations face significant challenges as today's data centers rapidly transition to modern, virtualized architectures, including increasing data storage complexity, exploding information growth, regulatory requirements and highly mobile workforces.
- For customers requiring efficient protection of large volumes of data, who simply can't afford application down time, CommVault's integration with NetApp and the unique Simpana single protection policy approach catalogs, schedules and manages snapshots for rapid recovery of application-consistent snapshots.
- Simpana software not only manages the scheduling and movement of persistent hardware snapshots, but also indexes each snapshot to provide application intelligence, even as they are replicated to alternate NetApp storage and written to tape.
- Previously, customers had limited awareness of the data within a snapshot and had to resort to complicated scripting in order to move data from a snapshot to tape. By creating application aware, indexed snapshot copies with NetApp replication technology, users can seamlessly protect large datasets such as those created by VMware in a very efficient manner.
David West, senior vice president, Marketing and Business Development at CommVault
Chris Cummings, vice president, Product and Solutions Marketing at NetApp
- "IT organizations are re-architecting their backup infrastructures in an effort to modernize their approach to data protection and speed data recovery across physical and virtual environments. NetApp SnapProtect offers customers seamless integration between CommVault Simpana software and NetApp Snapshot software and SnapVault replication, which significantly reduces operational costs, lowers risk, and eliminates the complexity of managing enterprise data protection."
Dave Russell, research vice president, Gartner, Inc.
- "With the introduction of our new SnapProtect solution, NetApp is building on its leadership in efficient integrated data protection to address new customer requirements. Our expanded collaboration with CommVault is part of NetApp's strategy to leverage industry-leading partners to deliver innovative solutions that help enterprises transition to a flexible and efficient shared IT infrastructure and that enable IT to be an accelerator of the business."
- "As organizations move to cloud and virtualized environments, a level of complexity is introduced that is making it challenging for IT professionals to meet backup and recovery service levels. Enterprises need a backup strategy that enables them to reliably meet shorter backup windows and recovery point objectives."
1 Enterprise Strategy Group Research Report, The Impact of Server Virtualization on Data Protection, September, 2010
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, SnapMirror, SnapProtect and SnapVault are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and other/or countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.