Global Fashion Powerhouse Slashes Full Backup Window from Six Days to Eight Hours
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — November 15, 2011
- BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP (BCBG), a global fashion house encompassing more than 22 brands, has implemented CommVault® Simpana® software to help modernize its data management infrastructure and improve operational efficiency, replacing its legacy EMC Networker environment.
- Facing an explosion of data created by digitized applications including fashion photography and clothing designs, BCBG required a more sophisticated and scalable solution that would better protect, manage and retrieve business critical data.
- With nearly 2,000 users and data growing by approximately one terabyte each month, according to BCBG, its legacy system was plagued with reliability and performance problems, including unsuccessful Microsoft Exchange backups and failed server restores. A small, dedicated team previously spent up to six hours a day troubleshooting issues while managing backups that exceeded allotted windows.
- With Simpana software, BCBG safeguards 52 TBs of vital data while greatly improving its ability to keep pace with aggressive data growth. Additionally, BCBG reports seeing huge improvements in internal productivity and operational efficiency. By switching to CommVault technology and redefining its approach to data management, BCBG has been able to protect twice as much data without increasing staff resources. Administrative personnel time has been lowered to less than one hour each day, as CommVault's policy automation and robust reporting streamlines operations and reports via Blackberry to offer quick status updates while eliminating the need for around-the-clock monitoring.
- BCBG leverages CommVault's NAS NDMP backup capabilities to dramatically reduce its full backup window, which was slashed from six days to eight hours according to BCBG. BCBG has experienced accelerated restores, with most completed in less than 10 minutes.
@BCBGMAXAZRIA fashions modern style of data protection with @CommVault Simpana http://bit.ly/sRmRI8
CommVault's Trend-Setting Singular Platform
- According to BCBG, the strengths of CommVault's singular platform and unified product architecture have enabled deployment of a reliable, scalable data management foundation that meets both current and future needs.
- BCBG is exploring CommVault's edge data protection solution to simplify the protection of data stored on executives' laptops and workstations.
- Additionally, the company sees merit in CommVault's archive module and content indexing capabilities to automate eDiscovery and support growing data retention requirements. In particular, BCBG is interested in archiving its ever-increasing cache of photos to improve storage optimization.
- According to BCBG, CommVault's technical support services are far superior to rival data protection vendors the company has worked with, especially because various Simpana software subject matter experts are readily available to provide special expertise as needed.
Ron Gonzales, system administrator at BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP:
- "By switching to CommVault Simpana software, we've been able to easily accommodate continuous spikes in data storage while knowing we can recover anything should the need arise. I no longer worry if someone asks for something as I have total confidence it will be there."
- "It used to take up to six hours a day to oversee and troubleshoot backups. Now, it takes less than an hour to review reports and make any adjustments throughout the day. We just set policies and watch it work."
- "CommVault's tech support is outstanding and we particularly appreciate how they explain everything so we can do it ourselves next time."
- "Our photos would be perfect to archive, which would really help storage optimization. Also, the addition of CommVault's content indexing feature could be valuable for facilitating information discovery. With CommVault Simpana software, we can take advantage of one data management platform to perform different functionalities, all of which are backed by great support experts who can help us with any tech topic that comes up."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
This customer received certain consideration in exchange for their participation in this press release. Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.