—Customers Flock to CommVault and Realize Robust Savings and Operational Improvements When Replacing Legacy Backup and Archive with Simpana 9—
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — November 21, 2011
Rapid data growth, expanding virtual server deployment, and increasing datacenter consolidation projects have made traditional backup and recovery methods obsolete. CommVault has become an industry leader in developing new technologies that enable customers to easily and cost-effectively meet their data and information management challenges.
Over the past 15 years, CommVault has redefined data and information management by offering a single platform solution that enables companies to efficiently capture, move, retain, find, analyze and recover data from any storage tier. Simpana® software reduces the need for manual management while also tiering data seamlessly and efficiently across physical, virtual and cloud environments for real cost savings of up to 50 percent, improved operations and reduced risk. Today, CommVault announced that more than 15,000 customers have deployed Simpana® software as organizations around the world continue to trust in CommVault and the company's single platform approach to data and information management to drive down costs, improve operational efficiencies and ensure access and recovery of data.
- CommVault today announced that it has reached the 15,000 customer milestone as forward-looking IT organizations everywhere continue to turn to CommVault technology to modernize the way they protect, manage, access and recover data.
- Companies worldwide are choosing Simpana software to reduce costs while driving significant operational efficiencies through the company's Singular Information Management® approach, including: Australian Ethical; Bowman Gilfillan Attorneys; BYD Company Ltd.; Chivas Brothers; CITIC Securities Co., Ltd.; the City of Pasadena; GAF Materials; Huaxia Bank Ltd.; Interactive Intelligence; LG; LWG Consulting; Metro State College; National Computing & Information Agency (NCIA), Korea; Orbis Financials, India; Otago Polytechnic; Royal Cornwall Hospitals; Samsung; Skyworth Group Co., Ltd.; and Tianjin Port Information Technology Co., Ltd.
- According to IDC's recent 2Q 2011 Worldwide Quarterly Storage Software Qview, CommVault experienced year-over-year growth of 38.3 percent in the data protection and recovery software market during the second calendar quarter of 2011. This outpaced the overall data protection and recovery market growth during the same period.
- With major technology advancements, including increased virtualization scalability and performance, integrated source and target data deduplication, automatic and transparent integration with hardware array-based snapshots, as well as new tools that ease migration, CommVault has seen the total number of companies turning to Simpana 9 software for data reduction or to better manage virtualized environments increase by approximately 30 percent compared to the number of customers that purchased Simpana 8 within the first year of its release.
- From its release in October 2010 through October 2011, sales of CommVault's Simpana software solution has been growing at a quarterly average year-over-year rate of 32 percent.
@CommVault hits 15,000 customer mark on one-year anniversary of #Simpana 9 software release http://bit.ly/rXlCPp
Industry Accolades and Awards in One Year Anniversary of Simpana 9 Software
- Simpana software is one product suite built on a single platform to intelligently manage and protect data and information across heterogeneous applications, hypervisors, operating systems and infrastructure from a single console.
- As the only software company to offer a single platform approach to data and information management, CommVault provides unified capabilities for backup and recovery, replication, archive, enterprise search, as well as eDiscovery and compliance workflow. Technology advancements, including snapshot technology, global embedded deduplication, content organization and indexing, and streamlined migration from competitive products, further distinguish Simpana software.
- CommVault received one of the industry's most prestigious honors by being recognized as "2011 Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year." The company was honored among a global field of top Microsoft partners for demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of customer solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- CommVault was also positioned in the "Leaders" quadrant in Gartner Inc.'s 2011 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise, Disk-Based Backup and Recovery.
- CommVault's industry leadership was further validated recently when the company was named to Forbes Magazine's 2011 List of America's Best Small Companies.
- Additionally, CommVault and the Simpana 9 software platform have earned several industry awards over the course of the past year. CommVault was named a winner of two Midsize Enterprise Summit 2011 Innovation Awards with victories in the categories of "Best Software" and "Best Services". Simpana 9 software was also named the winner of the "Backup and Recovery" category in the Best of Tech-Ed 2011 awards program and the winner of "Deduplication Product of the Year" inStorage Magazine's 2011 Storage Awards (Storries VIII).
 ] IDC 2Q 2011 Worldwide Quarterly Storage Software Qview, September 1, 2011.
- N. Robert Hammer, CommVault's chairman, president and CEO:
"For 15 years, CommVault has been helping companies of all sizes significantly reduce the cost of managing their data and improving overall storage management efficiency with a single, modern platform. This latest milestone reinforces CommVault's growing traction with customers around the world who are seeking new ways for them to reduce complexity, administrative overhead and compliance risk."
- Robert Amatruda, research director, data protection and recovery team for IDC:
"CommVault's theme of 'modernized data protection' will resonate well with current Simpana customers as well as those looking to bridge their data protection solutions from physical to virtual to cloud. CommVault's singular focus on data and information management positions the company well for future growth in the data management software market."
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2011 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.