—Australian Multi-National Organisation Standardises on Enterprise-Class Simpana Software to Safeguard More than 70 TBs of Vital Data and Protect a $1.2 Billion Business—
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA — November 21, 2011
- Australia-based Programmed Group has switched from its legacy Symantec software and standardized on CommVault® Simpana® 9 to consolidate and improve the backup and recovery of more than 70 TBs of crucial operational data.
- Founded in 1951, the company has grown to $1.2 billion in revenues by providing staffing, maintenance and project services to over 7,500 customers across Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. According to Programmed Group, the company required a single data management layer to unify disparate protection technologies that were causing painfully slow backups, fragmented IT experiences and inadequate management of its growing virtual server environment, exposing the company to unnecessary compliance and business continuity risk.
- Now with CommVault's single platform approach to data management, Programmed Group reports that it has slashed its backup window by nearly 70 percent, enabling better access to the company's information assets, including critical contractual and financial data.
- Improved recovery of this vital data while easily meeting ongoing compliance requirements is especially important to companies like Programmed Group that is subject to regulations like the Corporate Law Economic Reform Program (CLERP 9).
- Since a 25-person IT department shares responsibility for multiple roles across varying hours, according to Programmed Group, CommVault's centrally managed platform also helps to simplify and streamline management of the company's diversified information technology assets.
Programmed Group turns to @CommVault #Simpana for modern data management & DR to protect $1.2 billion business http://bit.ly/tPyXbw
End-to-End Protection for Physical & Virtual Server Environments
- CommVault's long-standing partnership with Microsoft provides Programmed Group with additional confidence in assuring seamless data protection of its ever-expanding Microsoft environment, including SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, Hyper-V and Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Programmed Group also utilizes CommVault to support efficient backup and rapid recovery of the company's Microsoft Hyper-V platform. Extending to approximately 25 percent of its environment, Simpana software supports data protection for virtualized applications including file and print, proxy server and anti-virus services for the company.
- CommVault's disaster recovery capabilities play an important role in ensuring that data can be readily restored without costly or time-consuming processes according to the company. Two weeks of full backups, which are stored on an HP EVA SAN, can be recovered quickly and painlessly.
- Moreover, with Simpana software, Programmed Group is using deduplication,replication, archiving and snapshot management to ensure a modern approach to managing Programmed Group's environment today, while protecting it for the future.
From Mike Disbury, CIO, Programmed Group:
- "My mission was to design a proper system that would enable Programmed Group to keep up with rapid growth. A major priority was redesigning the infrastructure and developing standard procedures. We use a number of complimentary products such as Microsoft DPM, but having worked with CommVault previously, I was confident that standardising on Simpana software for all other data protection elements was the right decision."
- "With Simpana software, we can ensure that any of our business entities can recover two weeks of data directly from disk and a month's worth of data from tape. We also can prove we restore data effortlessly on a regular basis, which helps with annual audits as it's easy to show that backup and recovery works the way it's supposed to."
- "CommVault continues to play a major role in our ever-evolving business continuity plan. Our business changes all the time, so it's critical to have a platform that can scale and grow with us. Simpana software does exactly what we want it to do while giving us lots of options for the future. Simpana software does a great job and I never have to worry about. It's just brilliant."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.