—CommVault Experts to Offer Solutions to Data Protection Challenges Caused by Regulatory Compliance and Ever-Growing Big Data Environments—
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, N.J. — October 6, 2011
The advent of Big Data is leading to enormous data management challenges as organizations struggle to find ways to protect and archive massive data sets. It's a phenomenon that requires a new strategy for information management, one that provides a seamless process from backup and recovery to archiving for data retention. To that end, CommVault today announced that it will be participating at SNW Fall 2011 to be held October 10 – 13, 2011, at The JW Marriott Grande Lakes in Orlando, Fla., where CommVault experts will provide attendees with best practices for building a more strategic approach to intelligent archiving, as well as strategies for protecting Big Data environments.
- CommVault's archiving and cloud experts will be leading sessions at SNW Fall 2011 on data protection and compliance and Big Data.
- Who: Simon Taylor, Senior Director for Information Management, CommVault
- What: "Intelligent Archive: Know When to Govern, Regulate and Retain"
As an IT manager faced with limited budget, staff and time, what do you do to retain a broad range of electronic records to meet IT compliance and governanceprovisions? In this session, CommVault's Simon Taylor will discuss how modernizing your approach to data management identifies, unifies and retains information records as well as mitigating compliance risks through effectivesearch. Taylor will describe how to:
- Understand the consequences of "keep everything" record keeping
- Differentiate between active and passive records
- Determine how data archiving fits into the framework for compliance
- Learn steps to apply governance processes to information retention
- Deliver mechanism that optimize the IT cost of data retention
- When: Monday, October 10, 2011, from 9:20 a.m. – 10:05 a.m. EDT
- Where: JW Marriott Grande Lakes, Orlando, Fla.
Protecting Big Data
- Who: Jeff Echols, Senior Director for Global Alliances and Cloud Strategy, CommVault
- What: "Protecting Big Data: Modern Data Protection Strategies for Big Data Environments"
CommVault's Jeff Echols will outline a modern strategy for Big Data protection that enables companies to improve recovery, simplify management, consolidate budget items, reduce costs, and empower users to find and access all their information, wherever it resides. This session will detail how this can be achieved through integrated application intelligence with heterogeneous hardware snapshots, indexing, deduplication, and replication. In this presentation, Echols will:
- Identify the consequences of Big Data on traditional data protection methods
- Understand what Modern Data Protection looks like when implemented in a Big Data environment
- Know what benefits users should demand before implementing a Modern Data Protection approach
- When: Thursday, October 13, 2011, from 10:20 a.m. – 11:05 a.m. EDT
- Where: JW Marriott Grande Lakes, Orlando, Fla.
Check out @CommVault's sessions on Intelligent #Archive and protecting #BigData at SNW Fall 2011 http://bit.ly/qeN5eD #snwusa
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.