— New Zealand's Leading Provider of IaaS, PaaS and DR Service Offerings Manages Multiple Petabytes of Critical Customer Data for Hundreds of Private and Public Organisations —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA — July 3, 2012
- Revera, New Zealand's leading computing infrastructure and managed services provider, has announced the opening of a new Data Centre located in Wellington. The expansion is to support the exponential, multiple petabyte growth, of business critical data that Revera manages for more than 200 major NZ government and private organisations, using CommVault® Simpana® 9 software.
- The new Data Centre will be the 5th Revera site, supplementing the existing locations in Tawa, Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington. Located in Hutt's Alexander Industrial Park the 4000m2, Tier-3, TIA 942 standard development will enable the expansion of Revera's Homeland Service provision to more customers, and support the business growth that the company expects to see following the signing of a 10-year Department of Internal Affairs IaaS contract in October 2011.
- With CommVault Simpana software, Revera has fueled business expansion, scaling from dozens of customers, several hundred servers in two data centres and multiple terabytes of data to hundreds of customers, thousands of virtual servers across five data centres and multiple petabytes of data—without having to dramatically increase its administrative overhead.
- Revera's Homeland Services provide a variety of innovative utility computing offerings, encompassing Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), disaster recovery (DR) and customised managed services backed by around-the-clock local support. CommVault's singular platform and modern data management approach have accelerated the delivery of these value-added services while ensuring seamless scalability to address rapid business growth.
- Simpana software is a powerful, enabling technology that drives the deployment of highly differentiated services, leveraging CommVault's integrated functionality for backup and recovery, archive and replication.
- According to Revera, CommVault Simpana software's multi-tenant architecture is ideally suited for shared services and also enables the MSP to easily and cost-effectively tailor backup and recovery services while meeting strict Service Level Agreements, including zero-downtime to one-hour recoveries of Microsoft Exchange databases.
New Revera data centre utilizes @CommVault to manage data for more than 200 NZ government and private organizations http://bit.ly/QW2E4d
Increasing Service Levels with Simpana Software
- With Simpana software, Revera has rolled out new services across physical and virtual server environments while lowering operating costs and increasing service levels.
- With Simpana SnapProtect® technology, for instance, the organisation creates hardware snapshot copies internal to its storage arrays, which enables performing hundreds of virtual machine backups in minutes while creating multiple recovery points throughout the day for enhanced data protection.
- Additionally, CommVault's embedded, global deduplication capability reduces both bandwidth and operating costs by eliminating redundant data and using network bandwidth more efficiently. This advanced functionality is especially important in New Zealand, where bandwidth is expensive and connectivity challenges abound. The decrease in operating costs can be passed along to customers by the MSP in terms of other valued-added services.
- According to Revera, utilizing Simpana Archive functionality, it can offer a new, value-added service that will help customers reduce the cost of long-term data retention while enabling improved information governance.
Robin Cockayne, General Manager of Business Development of Revera
Jason Porter, General Manager of Technical Operations of Revera
- "We specialise in the technology sets, strategies and methodologies at the infrastructure level, instead of trying to be everything to everybody. We're also 100-percent locally managed, which means our support really is 24x7x365. CommVault Simpana software is one of our most important tool sets in that it enhances our ability to manage petabytes of data across a shared, multi-tenant environment, more efficiently and cost effectively."
- "We continually set ourselves apart from everybody else as specialists who move fast and efficiently. CommVault Simpana software plays a major role in helping us maintain our technical leadership while making it easier to meet aggressive growth demands."
- "Simpana software keeps Revera ahead of the pack and clearly differentiates us in the marketplace. CommVault' enterprise-class data management foundation will continue to fuel Revera's abilities to customise our managed services as our clients' needs dictate while successfully meeting our long-term, managed services business strategy."
- "For us, there's no point in having someone in the States support Revera. Just as we pride ourselves on giving our customers local support, we wanted support for our data protection solution based in Australia or New Zealand. We appreciated the fact that CommVault has a dedicated support team on the ground here to give us hands-on, responsive support."
- "With Simpana software, we've been able to grow across the geography much more seamlessly and use available bandwidth much more efficiently. In that sense, CommVault has given us an impressive ROI."
- "As Microsoft Exchange is one of the biggest growth areas for Revera's customers, they'll be able to take full advantage of Simpana Archive to effectively address increasing data volumes without a lot of additional costs or impact on governance requirements."
A singular vision — a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs — guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; certain information in this release has been provided by the customer and has not been independently verified by CommVault. CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2012 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.