- Seasoned leaders from companies such as Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, Cisco, PwC and EMC expand executive team to drive internal and external transformation across key markets and industry segments
- Company hires new Head of Sales, Americas to drive overall regional sales growth
- Company transforms to a business unit structure to better support how customers consume technology
Tinton Falls, NJ—March 4, 2015—CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT), a leader in enterprise data protection and information management, today announced that top industry technology visionaries have joined its leadership team. The addition of leaders from companies such as Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, Cisco, PwC and EMC signals the continuation of CommVault Next, the company’s business transformation for sales, go-to-market strategies, pricing and packaging and technology innovation. The company also announced that it had realigned its structure to create business units to more directly match how customers evaluate, deploy, operate, and purchase technology.
The company unveiled the new leaders and the business unit structure as part of its first global Industry Analyst Summit. Taking place at CommVault’s new worldwide headquarters, the Summit brings together company leadership with nearly forty of the world’s top industry analysts to discuss CommVault technology and innovation leadership, company growth, and its vision for the future of data protection and information management.
“Through CommVault Next, we are responding to meet the challenges and opportunities presented by the ever-changing data protection and information needs for enterprises across the globe,” said Al Bunte, COO at CommVault. “Our commitment to deepen our senior team with top industry talent is a testament to our vision of the future of data protection. These leaders could choose nearly any company in information technology – their decision to come to CommVault is strong validation of the growth opportunity in front of us.”
CommVault hires new Head of Sales, Americas
Scott Little has taken the position of Head of Sales, Americas and will lead CommVault’s U.S. sales organization to accelerate growth in software license, subscription and professional services revenue across all business segments. Previously, Little spent nearly two decades at Oracle Corporation, where he most recently served as Group Vice President. In that role, Little was responsible for Oracle’s database, middleware, engineered appliance, and cloud businesses across national accounts in the Western U.S.
CommVault Transforms to Business Unit Structure to Align Innovation with Customer Needs
CommVault today also appointed several leading IT managers as part of its business unit organizational alignment to drive customers’ successful business outcomes and energize future growth across the company’s key market segments. The influx of leadership talent to CommVault brings new market expertise to establish leadership and accountability for growth. In their new roles, each business unit leader will define, drive and execute product strategy and will be responsible and accountable for CommVault's growth and success in each of the following solution areas:
- Data Protection and Recovery – Sangram Dange brings extensive expertise in network and data security, application management and network management from leadership roles at Oracle, McAfee and Network General.
- Virtualization, Cloud Ops and Orchestration – Led by Sabrinath Rao, who over has held various cloud data protection, management and recovery product leadership roles at companies like Connected, Iron Mountain and, most recently Microsoft.
- Information and Mobility Management– Rama Kolappan brings extensive experience in enterprise mobility, mobile security, cloud and content management through leadership roles at Accellion, Intel and Motorola Mobility.
- Vertical Solutions – Led by Ananth Balasubramanian, who comes to CommVault from PwC where he helped healthcare and non-healthcare organizations transform their businesses in the advent of the Affordable Health Care Act. Balasubramanian has also served in a variety of leadership roles at healthcare companies, including Numera and Stryker Endoscopy.
CommVault Strengthens Alliance Program, Forms New Strategic Pricing Unit, Hires CMO
In support of its go-to-market strategy for all business units and territories, CommVault also announced the appointment of three leaders to lead Worldwide Alliances, Strategic Pricing and Marketing:
- Brian J. Allison, Vice President of Worldwide Alliances – Allison will be responsible for deepening and extending CommVault’s alliances eco-system to develop joint go-to market initiatives that benefit customers and alliances partners. He joins CommVault from Cisco Systems, where he most recently served as a director on its World Wide Partner Organization and led global teams to build relationships with technology partners, resellers, distributors and system integrators.
- Matthew Chiott, Director Strategic Pricing Unit – As director of the newly-formed Strategic Pricing Unit, Chiott will lead a centralized team interfacing with business units, finance, sales, and marketing to ensure price alignment with the market and streamlined internal pricing operations. Joining from EMC, Chiott brings extensive pricing, business operations, sales, and competitive intelligence experience to the company.
- Chris Powell, Chief Marketing Officer – As CMO, Powell drives CommVault’s corporate marketing, solution marketing, ecosystem & channel marketing, industries marketing, press and analyst relations and digital marketing. Most recently, Powell worked for SAP in a wide range of roles, from marketing and sales operations to global marketing strategy.
CommVault Elevates Leader to CTO
To further drive CommVault’s hallmark of innovation and technology leadership, the company’s technology leader Brian Brockway was named its first Chief Technology Officer. Brockway played a critical leadership role in CommVault’s technology evolution over the past twelve years, while serving in a variety of product management and marketing roles. As CTO, Brockway will continue to drive technology strategy, foster new product innovation and expand integration across a growing partner ecosystem in his new role.
A singular vision — a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs — guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at http://www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Tinton Falls, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements. The development and timing of any product release as well as any of its features or functionality remain at our sole discretion.
©1999-2015 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Simpana OnePass, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, CommVault Edge, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.