- Collaboration underpins strategy to capitalize on market shift to public cloud infrastructures
- Investments in the CommVault Cloud Solutions Group reduce the time, costs, and risks of deploying new cloud solutions
- API integrations allow providers to utilize Web-based self-service portals, workflow automation, efficient data movement, and rapid protection of virtual workloads
OCEANPORT, NJ—March 13, 2014—CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) today announced that the Simpana® 10 software platform has become the data protection platform of choice for more than 200 certified service providers, which provide cloud solutions to millions of client systems worldwide and protect hundreds of petabytes of data.
The company also unveiled a three-pronged cloud business strategy that builds on its leadership in software innovation and, through strategic relationships with service provider partners, delivers solutions to simplify and secure the transition of these services providers and their customers to cloud computing. To achieve this, CommVault utilizes its single software platform to power the most efficient cloud infrastructures, is expanding market reach through a broad cloud ecosystem and further investing in its cloud solutions group. This vision is underpinned by CommVault’s early investments in cloud technologies in anticipation of the paradigm shift now taking place in IT consumption and IaaS.
“The dynamics of our industry are shifting at light speed as organizations accelerate usage of cloud services. CommVault provides our customers and partners with the capabilities needed for protection of data to the cloud, in the cloud and cloud-to-cloud,” said N. Robert Hammer, chairman, president and CEO, CommVault. “Simpana software provides customers with a unique single platform view into data across the heterogeneous enterprise. The scalability, security, automation and reporting features in Simpana 10 are second to none for powering the most efficient cloud infrastructures.”
To deliver flexibility, scalability and operational efficiency for both partners and end user clients, CommVault has designed Simpana software to be one of the most open cloud data management platform available in the market today. CommVault’s technology is integrated across a comprehensive range of storage technologies, cloud infrastructure platforms, operating systems, hypervisors and enterprise applications – providing consistent management and reporting tools, and an enterprise-wide view into data, across heterogeneous environments through a single platform.
Enables Data Management-as-a-Service for Provider Partners and Customers
As companies of all sizes and markets rapidly adopt cloud infrastructures for improved costs, speed and agility, CommVault is committed to its partner community to address this growing trend. Customers looking to move IT operations into the cloud depend on service providers to help them migrate, manage and protect their cloud infrastructures. CommVault has partnered with a broad ecosystem of service provider partners so they can effectively deliver data management-as-a-service solutions based on Simpana software across geographies, vertical industries and offerings. The company’s strategy accelerates adoption of cloud computing by:
- Powering the most efficient cloud infrastructures – Through a single software platform approach, CommVault partners are able to run the same workloads using 50 percent less infrastructure than a leading alternative, greatly improve staff productivity, and accelerate time-to-revenue for new offerings. CommVault allows service provider partners to support a full portfolio of cloud data services – across backup, archive, disaster recovery, and search – with a single software platform and leveraging shared infrastructure. Through API integrations, service providers can uniquely provide fully web-based self-service portals, workflow automation, efficient data movement, and rapid protection of virtual workloads for superior client experiences.
- Expanding market reach through broad cloud ecosystem – Leading providers who have integrated Simpana software into their cloud solution portfolios include Microsoft Windows Azure, Amazon S3 and Glacier, NetApp, Rackspace. CommVault’s cloud capabilities stretch from private to public and hybrid cloud infrastructures, from data centers to devices at the edge, supporting the most prolific set of choices for our customers and providers.
- Investing in cloud solutions group – CommVault extends its partner competencies, through cloud domain expertise and collaborative engagement models that significantly reduce the time, costs, and risks of standing up new cloud solutions. For organizations strapped for in-house expertise, resourcing, or budgets to do it all themselves, CommVault can help service provider partners increase the success of defining, developing, and delivering new cloud-based solutions.
“In developing our cloud solution approach we took into account not just the technology needs of our service provider partners, but also their business needs, aligning both to better serve their existing and prospective customers,” said Gerry Sillars, vice president, Cloud Solutions Group at CommVault. “This allows CommVault to reach new markets and fits within a broader strategy of partnering with key providers globally.”
“By deploying Simpana software with Windows Azure storage, service providers can enable their customers of all sizes to protect, archive, manage and access their data more securely and efficiently,” said Vibhor Kapoor, Director, Product Marketing, Windows Azure, at Microsoft. "This combination can be a central storage location for both protected and archived copies of data for critical applications including Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Active Directory, SQL Server, Windows, IBM Notes and IBM Domino. Customers can enjoy the benefits of quick, easy information search and compliance resulting in an agile, scalable, business responsive infrastructure."
“NetApp is focused on taking the complexity out of building cloud offerings for our Service Providers,” said Gary Hocking, director, service provider group, at NetApp. “This requires us to work closely with our technology partners, to enable Service Providers to bring feature-rich services to their clients in a consistent and repeatable fashion. CommVault has been by our side from the start of NetApp’s cloud focused business four years ago, and now our technologies together have been successfully adopted by service providers around the world.”
.@CommVault enables 200+ service providers globally to deliver #cloud #data protection http://simpa.na/1dRz517
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements. The development and timing of any product release as well as any of its features or functionality remain at our sole discretion.
©1999-2014 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Simpana OnePass, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, CommVault Edge, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.