Find videos, customer case studies, datasheets, whitepapers and more to learn how Commvault can help you make your data work for you.
As the global workforce continues to become more mobile, there is an increased risk of breach and data leakage from lost or stolen laptops. IT leaders want to keep corporate data secure and protected and out of the hands of unauthorized users, minimizing compliance and litigation risks while protecting intellectual property. They also want to minimize the hardware and resource costs of getting users working and productive again.
Commvault® software is a complete endpoint data protection solution that increases end user productivity by providing unparalleled access to protected content for users to search, sync, and share without compromise to security. Data resides in the ContentStore, a virtual repository for all Commvault software managed data that drives efficiency and enhances value from protected content, through access, security, governance, and analytics. Data Loss Prevention ensures critical business data is protected and secure in the event of an unforeseen incident. It reduces both the risks and costs associated with data breach.
With Commvault software, files and folders can be encrypted by the administrator or end user, preventing unauthorized access in the event of a loss or breach. Without the user-defined pass-key, encrypted content from a lost or stolen endpoint cannot be accessed.
Data Encryption Features:
- Administrator managed policies that define what documents are locked (encrypted), encryption behavior and how data can be unlocked
- User managed encryption using the Windows Explorer plug-in
- Pass-key is only required if a laptop is marked as lost or is unable to contact the server
Commvault software provides remote wipe capabilities per administrator defined policy to prevent a breach of data from lost or stolen laptops.
Remote Wipe Features:
- Administrator managed policies that define a period of time, in days, when the client has not contacted the server, to initiate a secure erase of data
- Users can mark endpoint as lost or stolen from the web console or the administrator can perform the remote wipe from the admin console
- Ability to erase only protected content or the entire hard drive
- Content is erased and blocks are zeroed out