Find videos, customer case studies, datasheets, whitepapers and more to learn how Commvault can help you make your data work for you.
CI Investments achieves a higher return on disaster recovery preparedness by standardizing on Commvault® software.
- Aggressive business growth led to 11-hour backup window
- Disparate backup software caused administrative challenges
- Tape-based DR recovery was slow and complex
- Restores from tape took 15 hours; database refreshes took two days
- Inefficient use of existing SAN storage
- Hardware-based deduplication didn’t scale well, which led to concerns about excessive costs and additional management overhead
Commvault software with Backup & Recovery, Deduplication, Archive for Microsoft Exchange and Replication
- Standardization on Simpana software has decreased the backup window by 40 percent; full backups now take six hours
- Commvault software’s embedded deduplication is meeting projections to reduce storage requirements by 50 percent, for an estimated savings of $288,000 in media and offsite storage costs over a four-year period
- Simpana Replication has enabled elimination of daily backup tapes, resulting in a 25 percent savings in tape storage costs, with a projected savings of $433,000 over four years
- Simpana Archive has allowed moving Exchange data onto secondary storage at a 30 percent savings over tier 1 SAN costs, which is estimated to save $480,000 over four years.
- In addition to a total estimated savings of more than $1 million, CI Investments has taken advantage of Commvault software’s scalability, flexibility and ease of use to elevate disaster recovery preparedness and enterprise data management.