CommVault’s innovative 4th generation deduplication provides a consolidated, global end-to-end approach that is flexible, scalable and cost-effective. Whether protecting critical applications in the data center, remote office servers or on-the-go devices, the deduplication integrated into Simpana software reduces backup times while saving on storage and network resources.
Why Use Simpana Software Deduplication?
- Save budget by using your choice of disk storage. Eliminate the need for expensive single-purpose appliances and never face another costly appliance fork-lift upgrade.
- Deploy deduplication where it makes the most sense: at the source, on the target, or both. Operational flexibility is the key to maximizing value.
- Extend deduplication benefits to disaster recovery by moving deduplicated copies of data to off-site storage or cloud. Deduplicated data can be moved to tape for long-term storage that uses dramatically fewer tape cartridges.
- Restore data and applications faster without the need to re-calculate signatures, unlike appliance-based solutions.
- Reduce network backup traffic by up to 90 percent, letting you eliminate or defer costly network upgrades.
- Secure information with optional data encryption.
- Optimize your environment with custom reporting capabilities.
- Leverage a "Grid-based" approach of multiple deduplication nodes that provides scalability, resiliency and performance.
Simpana Deduplication Use Cases
End User Data Protection
Capture critical end user data with minimal backup time and bandwidth consumption. Supports desktops and laptops running Windows, Mac OS or Linux. Self-service restore empowers end-users.
Remote Office Protection
Consolidate remote office backups to a single solution while limiting site-to-site bandwidth requirements. Integrated backup to cloud options included, supporting multiple cloud service providers.
Long Term Tape Retention
The industry’s only deduplicated data to tape solution dramatically reduces the amount of tape cartridges required to store data, lowering media and vaulting costs.
Data Center Backup Efficiency
Reduce backup time and network impact with source-side deduplication across physical and virtual servers. Application aware protection included.