Data growth, flat budgets and resource constraints are making the convergence of backup and archive one of today's hottest trends. CommVault's Simpana OnePass™ feature is the industry's first converged process for backup, archive and reporting from a single data collection and common infrastructure. It allows you to solve massive file and email growth problems with zero footprint archiving and no additional overhead. With Simpana OnePass™ technology, you can better manage your information in order to gain intelligence, cut costs and reduce operational complexity.
With a single, low-impact scan, the Simpana OnePass feature incorporates protection, retention, reporting and access for growing file and email environments. Accessible via a single console, automated policies manage data in the Simpana ContentStore—the efficient, virtual repository that provides a flexible and efficient way to store, access and understand your data. Simpana OnePass technology leverages embedded technologies like source-side data deduplication and encryption to help you optimize storage and securely and efficiently retain data on any disk, tape or cloud storage service.
Benefits of Simpana OnePass™ for Backup and Archive
- Integrate archive, backup and reporting into a single process to eliminate operational complexity and reduce cost
- Simplify administration and reduce infrastructure without adding staffing resources
- Eliminate data silos, reclaim primary storage, improve application performance and shrink backup windows
- Improve access and increase storage efficiencies with a common index and globally deduplicated backup and archive virtual repository
- Easily meet legal and regulatory requirements with a single collection, deletion and point of access to all corporate information using the Simpana ContentStore
- Access valuable insight to help optimize archive policies with integrated reporting and analytics
- Achieve granular, object level retention to only keep files and emails important to your business