Comprehensive data management and protection for your Cisco converged infrastructure.
Today’s businesses need technologies that not only simplify the management of massive data volumes but also transform that data into a strategic asset. Together with Cisco, Commvault provides holistic data management solutions that do both. With the intelligence to protect mission-critical applications and databases, the scalability and automation to optimize virtual machines throughout their lifecycle, and a Cisco-validated design to improve the efficiency of cloud-based backup-as-a-service (BaaS), Commvault helps businesses that run on Cisco achieve their data management and protection goals with ease.
Why choose Commvault for your Cisco infrastructure?
Commvault and Cisco give you the performance, flexibility and reliability to:
- Simplify backup, archive and recovery: Protect applications and data across both physical and virtual environments — and then manage where all that data is kept — through a single index and interface.
- Accelerate cloud implementation: Quickly deploy cloud-based data protection with a Cisco-validated design for BaaS.
- Manage explosive data growth: Maximize the utilization of your storage and network infrastructure by eliminating redundant data with embedded global source-side deduplication.
- Protect mission-critical applications and databases: Safeguard SAP, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange and more with our built-in application and database intelligence — shrinking backup windows, improving performance, and reducing costs and complexity.
- Harness virtualization: Our advanced virtual machine provisioning, backup, archiving, recovery and lifecycle management tools deliver scalable and efficient protection across multiple hypervisors and cloud platforms.
- Ensure practical and efficient disaster recovery: Workflow automation tools and processes help accelerate time-to-recovery and reduce risk to your business.
An all-in-one solution for Cisco UCS
Ensure your data is available and accessible no matter how diverse your infrastructure becomes. We provide comprehensive data management for any converged environment that handles workloads and data through the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS). Our all-in-one solution eliminates the need for multiple single-purpose appliances. It combines backup, recovery, snapshots, archiving, eDiscovery and more — greatly reducing management, storage and infrastructure costs.
Cisco UCS delivers compute capabilities for several market-leading solutions. Through our long-standing partnerships and deep integration with many of these solutions, we can help you get the most out of your converged environment. Only Commvault lets you manage application-aware hardware snapshots — with no scripting required — across the broadest range of storage array providers, including the arrays in NetApp FlexPod, FlashStack with Pure Storage, SmartStack Solution with Nimble Storage, VCE Vblock and EMC VSPEX. Our all-in-one solution also extends to the private, hybrid and public cloud through integration with all leading hypervisors and more than 20 of the top public cloud providers, including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
Reference architectures for deployments of all sizes
With small, medium, large and extra-large reference architectures to choose from, we help take the guesswork out of purchasing, verifying compatibility and implementing an optimized Commvault solution for your Cisco USC environment. In other words, you can deploy faster — and with less risk.
Our tested and pre-validated reference architectures with Cisco UCS covers IT infrastructures of all sizes, with the ability to expand to store more than 200TB of backups in a 4U form factor. Scale easily by adding more drives to your existing storage servers. And when one server is full, simply add another — allowing you to scale up to 1PB of data, all managed by a single console.
Accelerating backup and recovery to the cloud
To help cloud service providers expand their offerings to include cloud-based backup and recovery, we have co-developed a Cisco-validated design (CVD) for a backup-as-a-service (BaaS) solution powered by our data management software. Covering both in-cloud and remote BaaS use cases, our CVD for BaaS gives cloud providers a design template for deploying a solution that can backup and recover end customers’ physical and virtual servers to the provider’s virtual private cloud.
With our Cisco-validated design for BaaS, cloud providers can:
- Reduce backup infrastructure complexity and costs
- Gain the use of multi-tenant virtual private cloud or public cloud capabilities as a service
- Accelerate time-to-market with a tested and proven architecture for building BaaS solutions, leading to a greater return on investment
Here are selections from our resource library, which includes a wide range of videos, customer case studies, datasheets, whitepapers and more to further explain how Commvault can help you make your data work for you.