Securely Empower Your Mobile Workforce
With today's increasingly mobile workforce, information is being created and stored outside your IT's domain at an exponential rate. Simpana software enables you to gain control of this information while delivering the secure portability of information being demanded by your employees. Offering a flexible and comprehensive approach for protecting and delivering anywhere access to data at the edge, Simpana software bolsters enterprise mobility and empowers your workforce, boosts productivity and dramatically reduces the cost and risk of compliance and eDiscovery requirements.
As part of the Simpana single platform, CommVault Edge™ is a complete enterprise-class solution that delivers efficient, centralized laptop/desktop data protection. It gives users anytime, any device access to their personal data cloud while providing the control you need for faster and more cost-effective compliance and eDiscovery. With Simpana software, you can transform the way individuals discover, retrieve and use information.
From an intuitive web interface, a free mobile app, and natively through Windows Explorer, users can browse and recover protected data from anywhere. With a click, automated sync of files and folders across PCs can be setup for immediate access, no matter where they were created, so your workforce can get what they need, when they need it while reducing the need to rely on consumer oriented services for cloud file storage. Access to data is secured through integration with Active Directory and secure, encrypted internet protocols. The solution is cloud enabled and can be deployed in any combination of on premise, in the cloud or hybrid modules. The CommVault Edge mobile app is available for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, Microsoft Windows 8 and Blackberry tablets.
Simpana® Software Benefits
- Gain access to protected data from virtually anywhere and any device
- Enable rapid, efficient, reliable, and transparent protection for the remote and mobile workforce through bandwidth throttling, intelligent scheduling, source-side deduplication that eliminates 90 percent of redundant data, flexible policy definition and the intelligence to only run a backup if a file has changed
- Deploy and manage edge data protection and access for thousands of users easily and cost-effectively
- Deliver safe access to backup and recovery resources without a VPN connection using secure, encrypted backup streams over SSL
- Reduce costs and risk while accelerating audit response times because all information within the ContentStore can be searched and discovered by legal and compliance teams with a single solution
- Automate the backup of client Dropbox folders to gain insight into usage and ensure this data is protected and discoverable across the enterprise
- Slash response times for retrieving lost or corrupted files with self-service restore
- Automated sync of designated files and folders between protected PCs so that data can be accessed instantly no matter where it was created to reduce risk and enhance productivity
Executive-Level Advice and Counsel
Continuous access and mobility strategies, which include Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) initiatives, have made data protection and archiving crucial capabilities for enabling effective mobile workers. IT leaders often look to third party experts and industry consultants to help them navigate the myriad of requirements that must be considered. CommVault Consulting Services created its Records Management and eDiscovery Design offering to advise clients on mapping legal retention policy requirements to their storage, backup and archive environment and to formulate thorough processes for responding to eDiscovery requests that include mobile platforms.