Organizations need to ensure that the data and applications that run their operations are always available and protected. Quickly and easily backup, restore, and replicate Microsoft SQL Server databases with CommVault Simpana software -- without the cost and complexity of using disparate products or tools.
Microsoft SQL Server environments are experiencing massive data growth, fueled by mission-critical applications, business intelligence solutions, and data warehousing. And all this is happening in a hybrid environment that spans on-premises and the public cloud.
As SQL Server environments scale, ensuring fast and reliable recovery will become even more critical -- yet more difficult to achieve -- due to the amount of data that will need to be backed up if traditional backup methods continue to be used. Further, only a certain percentage of data that is backed up daily has actually changed since the last backup.
Is there a better way?
CommVault Simpana provides automated, efficient protection and granular recovery for Microsoft SQL Server databases. With its centralized management and reporting from a single console, Simpana software reduces complexity through its automated discovery and backup of SQL instances, tiered storage polices, and comprehensive reporting.
Space-savings are also built-in by default; allowing your data to leverage source and target-based, global deduplication and compression. This significantly reduces storage and network usage for backup and archive data – regardless of whether the data is on tape, disk, or cloud.
CommVault Simpana software is completely integrated with Microsoft SQL Server; including Microsoft Azure integration with on-premise databases, AlwaysOn Availability Group integration, Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS), and more.
- Eliminate the inefficiencies of backing up scripted database dumps
- Improve SQL backup and recovery performance with Simpana IntelliSnap technology, a fully integrated hardware snapshot management solution
- Eliminate 90% of redundant data at the source with global deduplication
- Reduce recovery point objectives with automated transaction log management to deliver point-in-time restores
- Automatically protect BLOB storage data with corresponding SQL database backups