5 Ways to Use Cloud in Your Data Management Plan
Do you fully recognize when you can use cloud for data management? With cloud consumption growing faster than ever, and the number of clouds increasing, it’s important to think through the opportunities to use the cloud for data management.
The cloud has tremendous benefits – flexibility to spin resources up or down, budget shifts from capex to opex, and high availability, just to name a few. These benefits and others are driving organizations to shift data workloads to the cloud, which is why it is important to have data management plans in place.
Consider these five ways Commvault can help you use cloud for data management:
- Cloud backup and recovery: Agile organizations stay competitive when they can access data from any location. Cloud backup and recover makes it possible to access any data at any time – and gives global IT teams power for data recovery from any location, at any time. Use cloud to back up any tier of data, and be ready when the business needs data recovery. Commvault gives you the power to choose data backup and recovery locations – on-premises, public cloud, private cloud or a hybrid scenario that best fits your business needs.
- Cloud disaster recovery: Disaster recovery can be difficult – and expensive. Save money by moving DR testing to the cloud - spin up the environment when you need it, turn it off after the DR test. Only Commvault empowers you with one-button DR to speed your testing or actual recovery process.
- Cloud data migration: Moving data anywhere must be a secure process. Some point solutions or native cloud tools may leave your data unencrypted and therefore vulnerable while in transit. With Commvault, data is encrypted, duplicated and compressed before moving through any pipe.
- Dev/Test in the cloud: Spin up on-premises test environments without waiting for hardware delivery. Move dev/Test applications to the cloud for faster and more flexible environments that are consistent with your data security policies. With Commvault, it’s easy to replicate production data to a temporary cloud environment, ensuring application development teams have a true working environment that can be quickly accessed from any development center around the globe. Cloud dev/test environments let the organization deliver applications to the business – and customers – with less time to market.
- Consistent data management across cloud(s) and on-premises storage: Instead of piecing together point solutions for on-premises and cloud backup, archive and reporting, work with a single data management dashboard to take control of data in the cloud, on-premises and on any infrastructure. Only Commvault gives you visibility and control of data stored in the cloud, on-premises, or in hybrid setups. From a single platform, perform analysis across data storage locations, and gain actionable insight. Best of all, eliminate repetitive work. Commvault lets you set policies for governance one time and replicate those policies across locations – even for new data sets and apps.
Learn more about Cloud Data Management
Moving data management to cloud locations can be streamlined and efficient when you have the right tools in place. Extend your traditional data backup, recovery and management policies to cloud storage locations with Commvault.
Help to ensure the policies, governance and security that you use for on-premises and tape storage are easily replicated in the cloud – and that policies are consistent across locations.
Find out how to extend your cloud data management policy to include public, private or hybrid cloud.