AWS Data Protection Questions With Commvault - Live from the AWS re:Invent Show Floor
AWS re:Invent officially kicked off with last night’s welcome reception and today - and for the rest of the week - Commvault is in booth No. 2205 answering the questions below and more. Let's get it started:
1. How can I leverage cloud to its fullest potential?
You need to consistently meet SLAs across your hybrid and cloud environment so you can be more responsive to the business. To promote greater agility, you need to be able to spin up a cloud instance and move data to it without creating data management and security issues. It's also critical that you're able to easily and cost-effectively back up and recover data - wherever it lives. In the end, you need to employ cloud so that it seamlessly extends your data center and allows you to reap the full benefits.
2. A single solution to managing data across on-premises and AWS environments?
With Commvault support for AWS, you'll gain a comprehensive data management platform for moving, managing and using data across files, applications, databases, hypervisors and the cloud. From a single platform, you'll have access to extensive capabilities for data protection, backup, recovery, management and eDiscovery - all tightly integrated with AWS services. This includes native integration with:
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3 and S3-IA)
- AWS GovCloud (U.S.)
- AWS Secret Region (East)
- AWS Top Secret Region (East)
- Amazon Glacier and AWS Snowball
Plus support for:
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)
3. How does leveraging these capabilities help support digital transformation?
You can help support digital transformation through:
- Seamless, risk-free migration: Easily move and manage data across on-premises and AWS environments to enhance IT and business agility.
- Holistic data protection and risk reduction: Ensure security and compliance with customizable role-based policies, strict encryption standards and a complete audit trail.
- Consistent SLAs: Provide the same SLAs for backup and recovery, insight and control of data, workloads and hybrid infrastructure resources.
- Enterprise-class disaster recovery: Automate backup and archive processes.
- Rapid extension of on-premises infrastructure: Deliver self-service functionality to speed access to data via indexing and search capabilities for increased responsiveness.
- Lower-cost backup: Replace tape storage and save money; eliminate complicated and expensive tape operations with cloud-based data backup.
Attending AWS re:Invent and looking to learn more?
Check out what you can expect from us at AWS re:Invent below and be sure to visit myself and the rest of the Commvault team, again, in booth No. 2205!
Demos, lots of demos and whiteboarding! Commvault data experts are here and ready to show you how we can move, protect and manage all your data running on AWS with Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery. Schedule a demo or whiteboarding session or stop by the booth.
In-booth instant win game: Step into the Commvault booth, get your badge scanned, pick up a chip and see if you’re an instant winner.
Winners will walk away with a pair of Bose wireless headphones. Subject to terms and conditions.
Is there a way to schedule a meeting?
Of course! Stop by and take an impromptu meeting, schedule with our booth staff or you can check out our event page. No matter how you book, we’ll be happy to accommodate your meeting.
You’re not in Vegas? No problem! Visit Commvault.com/AWS to learn more.
Wherever you are this week, be sure to follow Commvault on social media to stay up to date on all of the action.