Don’t Settle for a One-Size-Fits-All Data Protection Solution
You don’t purchase “one-size-fits-all” clothes, so why do you settle for a one-size-fits-all data protection solution?
Choosing the correct data protection solution and having it fit should be easy. With Commvault’s HyperScale™ solutions you do not have to settle for a one-size-fits-all data protection solution as it provides a range of sizes to meet your business needs and preferences.
What is Commvault HyperScale Technology?
Commvault HyperScale Technology is Commvault Complete™ Backup & Recovery software that runs on a scale-out infrastructure. Commvault HyperScale Technology™ provides greater resiliency, availability, scalability and services for applications and data on-premises. And because it’s Commvault, it’s a single platform to protect and manage your entire environment. It provides you the flexibility to choose how to implement the solution, either as a fully integrated Commvault HyperScale Appliance or as Commvault HyperScale™ Software on the hardware platform of your choice.
Choosing the right HyperScale solution
You may implement Commvault HyperScale solutions starting at 29TB usable and scale to petabytes. The broad range of offerings enable you to choose the size and hardware platform to best meet your needs:
- Commvault HyperScale Software: implement Commvault HyperScale Software on the hardware platform of your choice and benefit from a validated reference design - tested configurations to speed implementation, management and support.
- Commvault HyperScale™ Appliance: integrates compute, storage and Commvault software into a single all-in-one appliance allowing you to remove operational complexity and gain the flexibility you need.
Commvault HyperScale Software with reference design
Commvault HyperScale Software allows you to use your preferred hardware for the scale-out infrastructure. The benefits of choosing your own hardware is it allows you to:
- Leverage existing relationships, including volume purchasing agreements, to optimize your purchasing power.
- Extend your corporate IT hardware standards to data protection and management for greater consistency throughout your environment
- Leverage existing tool sets for greater staff productivity as they are already familiar with the server and compute hardware, as well as its administration and support processes.
Commvault works with leading IT technology companies to deliver Commvault HyperScale Software on their respective compute and storage platforms: Cisco, Dell Technologies, Fujitsu, Huawei, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Lenovo and Supermicro.
Commvault HyperScale Appliance family
Commvault HyperScale Appliances are a turnkey solution built and supported entirely by Commvault. The appliances save time in hardware acquisition, installation and integration, daily management and scaling. The single call support simplifies the technical support process of the entire solution. Commvault offers two HyperScale Appliances:
- Commvault HyperScale Appliance 1300 for mid-size environments requiring simple, easy-to-use solutions for data protection starting at 29 TB usable capacity.
- Commvault HyperScale Appliance 3300, the newest addition to the appliance family, for large enterprise environments and managed service providers (MSP) that require greater density, scale and performance. Starting at 174TB usable capacity, its scale-out infrastructure has the flexibility and growth to protect PBs of data.
The right size for your data protection needs
You don’t buy one-size-fits-all clothing, and you shouldn’t settle for one-size-fits-all data protection. With Commvault HyperScale Technology, you choose the solution based on your capacity needs and your hardware preference. Best of all, with either Commvault HyperScale Software or Appliances, you will benefit from the powerful simplicity of Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery on a scale-out infrastructure.