Love Songs to Get Your Data in the Mood
Commvault loves data and this Valentine’s Day is a time to remember. As in any successful relationship, your connection to data has to be nurtured – get to know each other, move it forward, manage through difficulties – and if needed, figure out a way to best recover. All of us should keep in mind a simple fact: if you misuse your data, you could end up in the dog house – and no one wants to be shut out from their data.
So, in an effort to keep data feeling special, here is a Valentine’s Day Top 10 playlist. Feel free to blast it in your data centers today:
- Data Will Keep Us Together (Captain & Tennille) – for the data scientist in your life.
- Can’t Buy Me Data (Beatles) – I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me data (really?)
- The Glory of Data (Peter Cetera) – Is there anything more glorious than data?
- The Power of Data (Huey Lewis and The News) – It’s strong and it’s sudden, and it’s cruel sometimes; but it might just save your life.
- What’s Data Got to Do with It? (Tina Turner) – Umm, come on Tina! Everything.
- Baby, I Need Your Data (Four Tops) – Got to have all your data. Ransomware love? Seems wrong.
- Addicted to Data (Robert Palmer) – Might as well face it.
- Crazy Little Thing Called Data (Queen) – It’s only crazy when it’s not protected.
- Data on the Brain (Rihanna) - You love when I fall apart, so you can put me together.
- You’ve Lost that Data Feeling (The Righteous Brothers) – Now it's gone, gone, gone, whoa.
At Commvault, we encourage our customers to take their data relationships seriously. Like a great love song, we provide our customers with ways to: remember/know what they have; move data relationships forward – securely; keep (aka manage) data vows (I’m talking to you, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ); and use data to be happy (get value for their business.) We use love in our personal relationships to build stronger connections; and you could say that we use data in business for the same reason (am I taking this too far?).
True confession: I wanted to create a Top 40 list, but I am just plain out of time.
If you think data deserves some love today, then help me out. Add another data love song. (I'm not gonna write you a data song, 'cause you asked for it, 'cause you need one, you see.)