By Sandy Hamilton
It’s an exciting time to be in IT. Between the rapid rise of agile methodologies, cloud native applications, and the flexibility and scalability promised with multi cloud offerings, we can now seize new opportunities faster than ever before.
With this comes unprecedented complexity and added pressure to truly unlock the potential of your data. Whether you’re renewing or refreshing your data management solution, or switching to an entirely new vendor, all eyes are on you to make sure every outcome is seamless. You need a flexible solution that grows with your needs without locking you in. You’re too busy, so you need to manage it without a dramatic shift in the skills you have today. And, most important, you cannot disrupt your business and its real-time data needs.
The good news is you’re not alone. In this blog, I’ll share my five recommendations to help you minimize the change pain you endure as you renew, refresh or switch to a new data management solution.
- Don’t get locked in. Unless you opened your doors last year, your environment is likely a hodgepodge of disparate technologies and applications. And it’s only going to compound as you build more cloud native applications. Choose a solution that gives you hardware and software flexibility and choice as you evolve. For example, our customers protect more than 800 petabytes of data in the cloud using Commvault technology. Few, if any, can say the same.
- Future-proof your needs. While you may only need backup and recovery today, the industry changes fast. Choose a comprehensive portfolio that supports broader data management needs and is quick to adopt industry trends, like multi cloud and data governance. This will enable you to more easily anticipate needs and quickly evolve with your business.
Not only does Commvault support more than 17 of the most popular multi cloud and hybrid hypervisors today, but it has made significant investments in SaaS (with the launch of Metallic) and software-defined storage with the acquisition of Commvault Distributed Storage (formerly known as Hedvig) to address customers’ current and future needs.
- A seamlessly integrated platform. Rather than choosing point products that require more resources and skills, consider a powerful, agnostic platform and single pane of glass to move, manage and recover your data whether it is on-premises or in the cloud. Commvault enables you to manage your entire environment from one interface, which not only makes it easier to manage, but enables your team to focus on more pressing opportunities.
- Go with a trusted, proven vendor. With all the movement in the industry, you need to choose a vendor with staying power – an extensive customer base, a vibrant innovation roadmap, positive analyst feedback and the battle-tested experience, services and support to help you deliver on your data management strategy today and in the future. Commvault customers manage more than 11 Exabytes of data today using our technology and, in certain cases, can drive recovery point and recovery time objectives below 15 minutes.
- And, finally, it takes a village. Your needs never stop evolving, so evaluate the vendor’s partner ecosystem and how it can accommodate your unique infrastructure and application needs.
Whatever you do, don’t go it alone. Over the past 20 years, Commvault has helped hundreds of customers minimize their change pain and maximize their opportunity. We have the resources, processes, automated tools and training to make this simple, straightforward and smooth. We’re here for you – just let us know how we can help.
Virtual Connections is a free two-day virtual event that brings our experts right to your screen. Connect with Commvault right from your desk chair (or sofa, we don’t judge).