By Sandy Hamilton
Day Two of Commvault GO 2019 started with a fast-paced keynote session featuring customer champions, data experts and globe-trotting adventurers – all of whom shared their perspectives on ways to be Data Ready. There is nothing I love more than a great customer story (except maybe a Data Therapy puppy) and our four customers who shared their Commvault experience delivered the goods.
- Josiah Burke – State of Wisconsin: Josiah related how his personal story of hardship as a child taught him how to find ways to make things work with limited resources.
- Amy Jo Rector – GEICO: Amy Jo relayed her story of data security during Hurricane Dorian.
- Matthew Magbee – Sonic Healthcare USA: The only reason Matthew was able to leave his office (as well as bring his data recovery person) was because Commvault delivers the right tools and peace of mind.
- Paul Furlan – Herbalife: Like a Swiss Army knife, Commvault is a versatile tool for Paul. In fact, it gives him his secret superpower of being able to recover critical data that was thought to be lost.
Academy Award winning filmmaker Jimmy Chin shared his compelling story of mountain climbing, photography and film-making. According to Jimmy, sometimes you have to be willing to fail in order to progress. Also be aware of the variables you can control (and those you can’t), and never underestimate your challenge.
Husband and wife travel influencers, Kristen and Siya Zarrabi, from Hopscotch the Globe, spoke about the value of travel. How it makes you more productive and relaxed (but you still should have your files backed up and accessible before you leave).
Rounding out the morning sessions were Commvault data experts, including:
- Don Foster – VP, Storage Solution, who spoke about data readiness
- Ranga Rajagopalan – VP, Products, who discussed compliance readiness
- Parisa Bazl, VP, UX (and sole member of Commvault’s all-female UX team), who shared the company’s vision for simplicity being a core competency
- Sandra Hamilton (me), VP, Customer Success – I spoke about the right equipment, guidance and lifelines that we provide our customers and partners to help ensure they achieve their objectives.
- Siva Sivakumar – Cisco – Siva shared the partner perspective and thoughts on how the data center needs to go where the data is.
The show floor was once again a buzzing hub of activity. Lots of traffic was seen at the Metallic, Hedvig and Commvault Activate™ sites, as well as tons of meetings being held at the Customer Champions Lounge.
The day was not without news, as we announced our participation with the Business Avengers coalition, uniting 17 global companies together representing more than $500 billion in revenue and 900,000 employees to deliver on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) agreed to by every United Nation country by 2030.
In addition, we shared recent innovations to Commvault Complete™ Backup & Recovery that enable cloud-to-cloud data backup and migration, automated disaster recovery validation, intelligent elastic storage planning and powerful workload data protection.
The final hours of Commvault GO 2019 were spent hosting the Women in Technology reception, which focused creating and sustaining partnerships. We closed the event with our GO Play Extravaganza and gave a proper farewell to Denver.
On to GO 2020!