CommVault Expands UK Channel Footprint Through Distribution Agreement with CMS Peripherals
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — READING, BERKSHIRE — January 25, 2010
- CommVault is partnering with CMS Peripherals Limited, a subsidiary of the StorIT Group, to expand distribution and broaden accessibility of Simpana® software to CMS partners and enterprises across the UK.
- Building on the relationship formed between CommVault and CMS in Ireland last year, CommVault appointed CMS when the company identified increasing interest in Simpana software from UK resellers aligned to CMS. With a long-standing history of storage expertise and reputation of customer service, CMS is well positioned to extend CommVault® technology to its base of approximately 500 software reseller partners.
- As a leading independent distributor of information storage and digital consumer products in the UK, CMS will distribute CommVault Simpana software which includes modules for Backup, Replication, Archive, eDiscovery and Resource Management, as well as built in features and capabilities including deduplication, encryption and support for virtual environments.
- CMS will share responsibility with CommVault for maintaining ongoing business relationships controlling product distribution, and supporting marketing initiatives. Also in collaboration with CommVault, CMS will focus on partner enablement and accreditation to help resellers become fully certified as implementation partners for Simpana software.
- CommVault has built a worldwide reputation for offering the highest quality 'on-the-ground' support to both resellers and local customers.
- This agreement further demonstrates CommVault's ongoing commitment to its expanding business in Europe.
- Vince Blackall, Managing Director Channels EMEA at CommVault:
"CommVault is delighted to take the relationship with CMS Peripherals forward. CMS has shown exceptional performance in both storage and consumer electronics since its inception. With its expertise and focus in the market, we believe that this partnership will enable us to reach a larger base of resellers and expand our enterprise footprint in the EMEA market."
- Frank Salmon, Group Managing Director, at CMS Peripherals:
"This partnership allows our resellers to offer their customers CommVault's unique single platform approach to data and information management, a highly scalable, robust software solution with low TCO. The combination of an industry leading product and access to local support, we're confident that our collaboration with CommVault will enhance our solution portfolio and provide additional value to our partners."
- CommVault Simpana® 8 Software
- CommVault Simpana® Archive
- CommVault Simpana® Compliance
About CMS Peripherals
Established in 1988 and based in London and Mayo Ireland, CMS Peripherals is the largest independent distributor of data storage solutions in the UK and Ireland. By remaining focused largely on storage CMS Peripherals provide their customers with unrivalled expertise in a fast moving and complex market. Real value added service is an essential component of success to date and CMS Peripherals constantly strive not only to meet, but exceed customers expectations. CMS Peripherals partners with over 30 storage vendors to offer the channel one of the broadest portfolios of storage products and solutions available today. CMS Peripherals' entire proposition centres on the customer, and this ethos forms the foundation of their drive to build mutually successful customer relationships. For additional information, please visit http://www.cmsperipherals.com/.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.