— CommVault Simpana Software Honored with Gold Award for eDiscovery Services Preservation —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — January 25, 2010
- CommVault® Simpana® software has been awarded the Gold Award in the eDiscovery (EDD) Services Preservation category in the seventh annual Law Technology News Awards.
- The Law Technology News Awards honor products and vendors that represent outstanding achievement in legal technology in 25 categories. This year's winners were chosen based on subscriber online voting.
- CommVault's award-winning data and information management technology, Simpana software, provides a one-stop solution for eDiscovery cases. The product delivers comprehensive features that automate the classification of data, determine data relevancy, improve the time to complete early case assessments, optimize the document review process and enable the automation of legal holds, which help customers to address risk and reduce costs associated with eDiscovery and litigation response.
- CommVault will be presented with the Law Technology News award at LegalTech in New York on February 1, 2010. Information on the awards and winners will also be featured in the March 2010 issue of Law Technology News and on the magazine's Web site at www.lawtechnologynews.com
- Also at LegalTech, Shannon Smith, Esq., an eDiscovery and Archiving Specialist for CommVault, will participate in a panel discussion on February 2 at 12-1pm ET which will focus on "Amending the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure."
- In addition to participation from CommVault, other panel participants include the Hon. John Koeltl, Southern District of New York, Advisory Committee on the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure; Tom Allman, Former General Counsel, BASF; Al Cortese, Counsel, Manager, Lawyers for Civil Justice Cortese PLLC; and Amor A. Esteban, Shook, Hardy, and Bacon, San Francisco. The panel will be moderated by Patrick Oot, General Counsel, eDiscovery Institute and Former Director of Electronic Discovery and Senior Counsel, Verizon.
Tweet this:: @CommVault wins Law Technology News gold award for #ediscovery services preservation http://bit.ly/tHOP
- "We congratulate the 2009 LTN Award winners, and applaud their creativity and innovations. The awards dramatically illustrate how our community is determined to develop and adopt superb technologies that help legal organizations deliver better, faster, and cheaper legal services in these turbulent economic times," said Monica Bay, Editor-in-Chief of Law Technology News.
- "We are thrilled to receive the Gold Award for our eDiscovery capabilities from LTN this year," said Simon Taylor, senior director of Information Access Management, CommVault. "It's especially rewarding given that this award is based on end-user votes only which is a testament to the loyalty of and value we bring to our customer base."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
About Law Technology News
Law Technology News provides timely information and insight into the latest technologies, products and services available for the legal marketplace. Each month, the award-winning magazine features new product announcements, as well as monthly articles and columns written by industry experts and senior law firm decision makers. LTN is distributed to more than 40,000 selected subscribers and is also available on the Web at www.lawtechnologynews.com. The magazine is published by ALM, a leading provider of specialized business news and information, focused primarily on the legal and commercial real estate sectors.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.