CommVault Continues to Gain Market Share while Outpacing Storage Software Market Revenue Growth Rates, According to Leading Market Research Firm
— Strong Customer Adoption of Simpana Software's Singular Architecture and Integrated Product Modules Continue to Drive Market Momentum with 25 Percent Quarterly Year-over-Year Software Revenue Growth —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — July 8, 2010
- CommVault® Simpana® software revenue exceeds overall storage software market revenue growth rates while outpacing many of its legacy competitors, according to the latest IDC Worldwide Quarterly Storage Software Tracker.
- According to IDC, the storage software market delivered good growth and signs of recovery in the first quarter of 2010, with total software revenues rising 7.2 percent over the same quarter in 2009, representing $3 billion in overall revenues. Software revenues for the data protection and recovery segment, which IDC identifies as the most material of all storage software segments, was up 10.6 percent in comparison to the same quarter a year ago.
- Within the data protection and recovery segment and according to IDC revenue growth methodology, the analyst firm reports that CommVault's data protection and recovery software revenue grew by nearly 25 percent over the prior year quarter, exceeding the annual growth rates of major competitors, including Symantec, IBM and CA among others.
- IDC attributed strong overall market growth to the release of storage spending, following budget freezes in 2009 and the increase of backlog projects that are starting to be switched on again.
- CommVault continues to gain momentum as companies worldwide strive to modernize their data management foundations by replacing outdated, legacy solutions with Simpana software's highly innovative, modular platform.
Singular Product Architecture & Enterprise-Class Features Drive Increased Traction
- Single-platform architectural design enables CommVault to differentiate Simpana software from the offerings of traditional storage software companies that have expanded their solutions using point products with dissimilar architectures and loose integration.
- In contrast, CommVault has embraced a Singular Information Management® approach to ensure product innovation and seamless integration of enterprise-class data management functionality. The result is reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), streamlined administration, which leads to business efficiencies, as well as increased deployment flexibility and scalability.
- Enterprise-class data protection capabilities, along with unique embedded deduplication, virtualization and cloud-storage integration, help CommVault continue to generate market momentum.
- CommVault's ongoing customer traction is backed by a focus on technical service and support excellence, which has enabled the company to achieve a 97-percent customer satisfaction rating. According to HDI, the world's largest IT service and technical support membership association, the industry average for a company of a similar size to CommVault is 75 percent customer satisfaction.
- David West, vice president of marketing and business development for CommVault:
"CommVault is extremely pleased to be recognized by IDC for our impressive performance and continued market traction over the past year. We're committed to expanding our product portfolio while helping CommVault's growing base of worldwide enterprise customers to replace outdated and inefficient legacy technologies with our innovative and modern information management solutions."
- Laura DuBois, Program Vice President, IDC Storage Software and Solutions:
"CommVault shouldn't be overlooked when reviewing the gains experienced throughout the storage software market so far this year. While several companies experienced double-digit year-over-year growth in the vital data protection and recovery segment, CommVault demonstrated among the strongest overall gains, which reinforces the company's increasing market traction."
- CommVault® Simpana® 8 Software
- More CommVault news
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.