IMG Projects $1 Million in Savings by Standardizing on CommVault Simpana Software Worldwide
— Premier, Diversified Global Sports, Entertainment and Media Company Leverages Scalable Deduplication, Archiving and Replication Features of CommVault's Singular Platform to Support Rapid Storage Growth —
— IMG to Participate in Gartner's IT Infrastructure Operations & Management (IOM) Conference Session on Deduplication and Backup —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — June 14, 2010
- IMG, the world's premier and most diversified sports, entertainment and media company, has deployed CommVault® Simpana® software to ensure high availability of business-critical applications and data that drive a global conglomerate of business-building solutions involving many of the world's most famous brands, media outlets, sports governing bodies, national and local governments, athletes, entertainers, models and fashion designers.
- With operations in 30 countries, IMG's 1,700 employees at 60 remote sites rely on a wealth of information to deliver the highest levels of quality service to the company's many clients and marketing and media network partners.
- By replacing its expensive legacy data protection solution in EMEA and disparate backup and recovery software throughout the rest of the world with Simpana software, IMG projects savings of up to $1 million over three years, as well as significant reductions in the cost of tape management globally.
- According to IMG, the company is using Simpana software's built-in deduplicationfeature to reduce the size of the company's backup disk capacity requirements by up to 80 percent as compared to their previous solution. Additionally, the combination of Simpana backup, replication and archive modules is providing the entertainment giant huge gains in operational efficiency through reduced workload and delegation of tasks.
IMG Presents an End User Perspective at Gartner IT Infrastructure, Operations & Management Conference:
- As IT organizations continue to struggle with data growth and the costs of managing the associated storage complexity, more businesses are turning to deduplication technology.
- To provide an end user perspective on the problem, IMG is participating in theGartner IT Infrastructure, Operations & Management Summit, to be held June 14-16, 2010, at the JW Marriott Grande in Orlando, Fla. Mark Connolly, senior network engineer for IMG, will be discussing the company's deduplication implementation with Simpana software during a session on June 15th at 3:45 p.m., entitled "Deduplication and Backup–Production Experiences."
Global Data Management with Deduplication, Replication & Archive
- With Simpana software's integrated functionality and seamless scalability, IMG is able to keep pace with rapid data growth, lower storage costs, reduce administrative overhead and achieve major gains in data retention and operational efficiencies.
- With data at the company growing at more than 25 percent year on year, CommVault's singular platform enables IMG to continuously scale its data management foundation to meet aggressive business expansion.
- According to IMG, CommVault's deduplication feature has enabled reduction of its estimated backup storage footprint by up to 80 percent, decreasing 216 TBs of data to 44 TBs enabling IMG to limit backup disk costs. The deduplicated data then is backed up and replicated to a regional hub for dramatic improvements in business continuity while ensuring rapid, reliable data recovery using existing bandwidth for remote sites.
- IMG also reports that Simpana software's intuitive, centralized management console provides a better level of service and faster recoveries. According to IMG, 95 percent of data restores now are performed by their internal help desk personnel, freeing IT staff to focus on more strategic technology initiatives. Additionally, the team expedites disk-based restores, which now take minutes instead of days to recover data from tape.
- The company projects that Simpana software's Archive module will enable retention of more than one year of data for accelerated recoveries while also providing better preparation to address future compliance and/or discoveryrequirements.
- IMG's network engineers are part of a 50-person IT department with responsibility for overseeing approximately 300 physical and virtual file servers running Microsoft Windows, UNIX and VMware vSPhere, respectively. The team also supports Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SharePoint, SQL Server and other core business applications.
From Mark Connolly, senior network engineer for IMG:
- "With CommVault Simpana software, IMG saves costs and reduces complexity as we purchased a complete data management foundation. We could have pieced together a solution with separate products, but it was clear we'd get so much more with Simpana software, which would be so much easier to manage too."
- "We projected IMG could save more than $1 million over three years by replacing our existing solutions with Simpana software while also decreasing our reliance on tape at remote sites worldwide. With Simpana software, we have the global building blocks in place that can be easily and economically added to over time."
- "We always have two copies of data by replicating information between regional hubs. This gives us a higher level of protection than we've ever had before."
- Increasing IMG's data by 25 percent won't raise costs by 25 percent as we'll simply add more agents and servers. CommVault's singular platform will help us respond efficiently and effectively to whatever the business brings."
- IMG case study
- CommVault® Simpana® 8 Software
- More on CommVault deduplication
- More on CommVault replication
- More on CommVault archive
- More CommVault news
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.