CommVault's Hockey Team Faces Off in a Charity Contest on March 9th at the Wachovia Center to Benefit Philadelphia PowerPlay
— CommVault Partners with Microsoft and Philadelphia Flyers Hockey Players and Wives to Host Fundraiser in Support of Local Power Wheelchair Floor Hockey Team —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — March 9, 2010
- CommVault is partnering with Microsoft to sponsor the latest CommVault Hockey Helping Kids event, which is scheduled today at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. The contest will take place prior to the National Hockey League game between the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Islanders.
- The event includes a special exhibition game featuring CommVault's hockey team, followed by a private reception and dinner hosted by CommVault andMicrosoft at the Lexus Club in the Wachovia Center. CommVault also is working with the "Flyers' Wives" to hold a series of raffles and a live auction for a variety of prizes, including autographed jerseys and other equipment donated by the Flyers hockey team.
- This latest fundraiser sponsored by CommVault and Microsoft will benefit thePhiladelphia PowerPlay, a power wheelchair floor hockey team based in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. The team, which is open to people 13 years of age and older who are power wheelchair users, is designed to provide a quality, well-organized recreational and social program within the community.
- Founded in 2001, the CommVault Hockey Team and Hockey Helping Kids program represent an innovative community relations effort, which has united the company's customers and key partners over the years in raising much-needed funds for under-privileged families with children as well as children with various disabilities.
Company-wide Support for Community Relations
- Since its inception, CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids program has increased awareness and financial support for children's organizations in need. Previous beneficiaries have included Ronald McDonald House, the FDNY 9/11 Disaster Relief Fund, Madison Square Garden's Garden of Dreams Foundation, Cammi Granato's Golden Dreams for Children Foundation, The Chicago Tomahawks, Savannah's Organic Ranch, The Social Communications Center for Autism Assistance and the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation.
- Typically, more than 20 CommVault employees participate in the Hockey Helping Kids events, which are held nationwide throughout the year. Several Microsoft employees are joining long-time employees and veteran hockey players from CommVault as the team faces off against an opposing team, which includes CommVault customers and players selected from an eBay auction. The proceeds of the team auction also will support the Philadelphia PowerPlay.
From Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist – Windows Product & Microsoft Partnership for CommVault and Captain of the CommVault Hockey Helping Kids team:
- "We're looking forward to another fun-filled event that brings together our employees, customers and community partners to support an extremely worthy cause. As a long-time employee and member of the CommVault hockey team, I am grateful that CommVault understands the importance of giving back to the community, which enables us to broaden the national reach of the Hockey Helping Kids program and continue to enrich the lives of children everywhere."
From Karl Dittman, Principal Business Development Manager at Microsoft:
- "Microsoft is pleased to join the CommVault Hockey team once again in striving to increase support of nonprofit programs and charities that benefit children. We applaud CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids program, which has been instrumental in supporting a variety of excellent nonprofit organizations for nearly a decade."
From Patrick Hilferty, Founder and Manager of the Philadelphia PowerPlay:
- "The Philadelphia PowerPlay is very appreciative of CommVault's efforts to ensure that people who use power wheelchairs in their daily lives also have an opportunity to participate in competitive, athletic experiences, regardless of their abilities. Through CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids program, we will be able to reinforce our many programs within the community."
- CommVault Hockey Helping Kids
- CommVault Hockey Helping Kids Event Photos
- CommVault® Simpana® 8 Software
- More CommVault news
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.