CommVault Celebrates 15 Years of Data Management Innovation
— 'Crystal' Anniversary Showcases Strong Track Record of Business Successes Reinforced by Groundbreaking Solutions, Industry Accolades and a Growing Roster of Customers and Partners —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — April 19, 2011
In today's data-intensive environments, organizations continue to seek innovative solutions that increase operational efficiencies, lower costs and mitigate risks. For the past 15 years, CommVault has been at the forefront of this effort, guided by the company's Solving Forward® vision of modern data management that transforms the way information assets are protected, stored, recovered, retained and accessed. As a result, the company enjoys an outstanding record of delivering modern data management software with the intelligence, automation and scalability to manage information more effectively and economically across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
Today, with 1,300 employees, 13,500 global customers, a rapidly growing network of technology and reseller partners, and 46 offices worldwide, CommVault celebrates its crystal anniversary. This 15-year milestone is recognized by ongoing industry and customer support of CommVault® Simpana® software, which embodies a single-platform, policy-driven approach to solving real-world IT challenges. As the industry's only software company exclusively focused on modernizing data and information management, CommVault alleviates the problems caused by competitive point products by offering a unique, single view of all enterprise information, regardless of where it resides.
"CommVault has evolved its software by continually focusing on innovative solutions to the ever-increasing data protection and information management requirements of our customers and partners," said N. Robert Hammer, CommVault's chairman, president and CEO. "I am extremely proud of our accomplishments over the past 15 years, as well as the company's ability to redefine modern data management and the role it can play in driving significant competitive advantages for our customers. I am thankful to all our customers, employees and partners, many of whom have been with us since the beginning. As the industry continues to transform, we will remain true to our 'solving forward' philosophy, which enables CommVault to stay out in front and anticipate emerging data and information management demands."
- CommVault celebrates 15 years of technology innovation, industry leadership and strong customer traction worldwide.
- Born as a development group within Bell Labs and later designated as a strategic business unit of AT&T Network Systems, CommVault was incorporated in 1996. Since that time, over 13,500 global organizations have standardized on CommVault Simpana software to dramatically improve their data and information management strategies. Among this growing list are: ABB (China) Limited, BAIDU, Bauer Group UK, Cystic Fibrosis Trust, Chinese Construction Limited Liability Company, Dyckerhoff, Johnston Carmichael, Just Energy, Kremsmüller Industrieanlagenbau KG, Mediterranean Shipping Company NL, Nippon Paint (China) Co. Ltd., Omniplex World Services Corporation, Peking University, Premier Global Services (PGi), Sany Group, Silver Birch Hotels, The State Laboratory, Ireland, and WISDRI Engineering & Research Incorporation Ltd.
- A steady stream of industry accolades and awards reinforces CommVault's market leadership. Most recently, the company was named a "champion" in Info-Tech Research Group's Select Enterprise Backup Software Vendor Landscape and in December 2010, CommVault grabbed the top spot in the DCIG 2011 Virtual Server Backup Software Buyer's Guide.
- Also, CommVault was positioned in the "Leaders" quadrant in Gartner Inc.'s 2011 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise, Disk-Based Backup and Recovery.
- CommVault continues to work closely with technology partners including Dell, Hitachi Data Systems, Fujitsu, Bull, and McAfee to deliver robust solutions powered by Simpana software. Around the globe, CommVault also has developed a vibrant reseller channel, including the addition of its 400th active partner to itsNorth American PartnerAdvantage program. The company's strong commitment to distribution partnerships with AVNET and Arrow Electronics play an ever-increasing role in accelerating sales.
- CommVault is a pioneer in the data protection industry and has introduced many ground-breaking technologies and industry firsts, including global embedded deduplication, deduplication to tape, "zero impact" backup, an enterprise storage platform built on Microsoft Windows, and the integration of data classification with other mission-critical data management functions for enhanced Information Lifecycle Management.
- As the only software company to offer a single platform approach to data and information management, CommVault provides unified capabilities for backup and recovery, replication, archive, enterprise search, as well as eDiscovery and compliance workflow. Technology advancements, including SnapProtect™ technology, global embedded deduplication, content organization and indexingand streamlined migration from competitive products, further distinguish Simpana software.
- Based in the U.S., CommVault has offices around the world, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
Supporting Customer Quotes
From Peter Hawkins, IT manager for Cystic Fibrosis Trust:
- "At the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, our day-to-day fundraising, donations and research efforts drive increasing amounts of unstructured archived file data and rapid email growth. These aspects, coupled with frequent search requests by our Human Resources department of internal users or custodians, often make the management and discovery of our data and information a challenge. By switching to CommVault Simpana File and Email archiving software, however, we've been able to bring our production file and email content retention under control from a cost and risk perspective, while content indexing over 3 million emails and 1 million files. Now, with Simpana journaling and discovery capabilities, we're better able to meet email compliance regulations without impacting our IT infrastructure and facilitate searches across our organization in seconds. With Simpana software, we've achieved some pretty significant storage and efficiency gains, which help us demonstrate both IT and business value in terms of improved IT operations and enhanced end user access to business-critical information."
From Peter Sowerby, senior enterprise data administrator for Just Energy who states that IT is the backbone of the business as:
- "Just Energy is in a state of constant growth. We have to be fast, nimble and ready to go. CommVault Simpana software provides us with the tools to make sure that our data is protected at all times. Simpana software's replication capabilities help us to continually backup more without having to make major hardware acquisitions to accommodate that growth, thus allowing us to be a lot more flexible in our data management. In the end, Simpana software offers both time and cost savers all the way around."
- Interactive timeline of CommVault history
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software
- More on CommVault backup and recovery
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds:
- Follow CommVault on Twitter:
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2011 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.