CommVault Named a 'Champion' in Info-Tech Research Group's Select Enterprise Backup Software Vendor Landscape
— Ease of Use, Virtual Machine Support, and Ability to Meet RPOs and RTOs Propel CommVault to the Top of Info-Tech Research Group's Enterprise Backup Vendor Landscape —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — April 18, 2011
- CommVault has been listed as a "Champion" in Info-Tech Research Group's Select Enterprise Backup Software Vendor Landscape1, which was published March 11, 2011.
- Info-Tech Research Group Vendor Landscape reports recognize outstanding vendors in the technology marketplace. Assessing vendors by the strength of their offering, market presence and support capabilities, Info-Tech Research Group Vendor Landscapes pay tribute to the contribution of exceptional vendors in a particular category, rating them on a sliding scale of Champion, Competitor, Emerging Player, Innovator, and Industry Standard.
- In the report, Info-Tech states "CommVault has made recent strides in market share growth by enabling improved transition from other solutions, offering automatic conversion of legacy backup agents to Simpana agents, and auto-discovery & set-up of [virtual machines]."
- To meet the increased demands of its enterprise customers, CommVault has enhanced its Simpana® platform to support the growth of virtual machines (VMs) and data. Simpana software seamlessly scales to safeguard thousands of VMs in heterogeneous environments without forcing customers to make compromises on data access or availability.
- Simpana software also leverages CommVault® SnapProtect™ snapshot technology to provide rapid protection and recovery of VMs. Real world test results have shown that 500 VMs can be protected in just 17 minutes using Simpana software.
- Switching to Simpana 9 from legacy software is easy with CommVault technology. New Simpana tools discover and directly import configuration settings from NetBackup or TSM. Many users can actually transition to Simpana 9 in less time than it would take to upgrade existing legacy software.
Simpana Offers Increased Scalability, Performance and Support for Large Enterprise Physical and Virtual Environments
- Organizations need solutions that deliver high-performance at scale and support heterogeneous operating environments and applications. CommVault Simpana software delivers the unparalleled advantages and benefits of a truly holistic approach to modern data protection. It is one product that contains individually licensable modules – all built on a single unifying code base and platform – to Analyze, Replicate, Protect, Archive, and Search data.
- Leveraging the strengths of this unified platform, each module, deployed by itself or in combination with others, delivers unsurpassed feature-for-feature performance against alternative point-level solutions. And because modules are individually licensable, users have the flexibility to choose those that meet their current needs and activate additional modules as new needs emerge.
- With a rapid-fire, persistent, hardware-based snapshot capability fully integrated, Simpana SnapProtect technology delivers the performance capability to protect the largest, most demanding virtual and physical server environments – and recover them in minutes. By creating hardware snapshot copies internal to the storage array, high speed recovery copies can be created with minimal impact on the production servers. In just a few minutes, hundreds of systems and their associated business applications can be protected.
- Additionally, Simpana 9 dramatically reduces the complexity of managing and protecting sprawling VMs with advanced, automated discovery and more granular restore capabilities.
- CommVault's single console offers unique integrated visibility into resource consumption and storage utilization for both virtual and physical environments resulting in simplified lifecycle management, protection and retention of data across all tiers.
- David West, vice president of worldwide marketing and business development: "CommVault continues to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in enterprise backup and recovery. By integrating all of the components of enterprise data management – into a single, unified platform, CommVault continues to transform data protection for the modern data center."
- "According to an Info-Tech survey, more than half of organizations looking at CommVault are large enterprises, where Simpana was one of the top two solutions considered. CommVault customers were also most likely to meet RPOs & RTOs," says Chris O'Connor, Research Analyst, Info-Tech Research Group.
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software
- More on CommVault Simpana Simpana® SnapProtect™ Technology
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds:
- Follow CommVault on Twitter:
- Follow CommVault on Facebook:
1 Info-Tech Research Group's Select Enterprise Backup Software Vendor Landscape, March 11, 2011.
About Info-Tech Research Group
With a paid membership of over 8,000 organizations worldwide, Info-Tech Research Group (www.infotech.com) is the global leader in providing tactical, practical Information Technology research and analysis. Info-Tech Research Group has a thirteen-year history of delivering quality research and is one of North America's fastest growing full-service IT analyst firms.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, CommValue and ROMS, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.