This Earth Day, CommVault Applauds GAF Materials for Eco-Friendly IT Practices in Reducing Digital Waste and Shrinking Storage & Carbon Footprints
— North America's Largest Roofing Manufacturer Extends Sustainable IT Strategies with CommVault Simpana Software's Data Management Solution Enabling Conservation of Energy Consumption —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — April 21, 2011
- In honor of Earth Day 2011, CommVault celebrates the commitment of GAF to reduce digital waste through eco-friendly IT practices enabled by CommVault® Simpana® software.
- In an effort to modernize its data management foundation, GAF constructed a multi-prong strategy to virtualize 60 percent of its server environment and consolidate data protection across 30 distributed locations and two core data centers while making major strides in energy conservation.
- With CommVault's end-to-end data management platform, GAF has centralizeddisk-based data protection and disaster recovery for improved service levels and operational efficiencies. In the process, the company is removing tape drives and associated media from all remote locations to realize substantial savings in power, cooling and heating requirements.
- In addition to shrinking its storage and carbon footprints, GAF estimates saving more than $100,000 in reduced capital, maintenance and administrative costs. According to the company, moving exclusively to disk also freed up a full-time staff member who now can assist with other strategic IT priorities.
GAF Raises the Roof in Embracing "Greener" Data Management
- As the largest roofing manufacturer in North America with 3,300 employees and annual sales of nearly $3 billion, GAF is an industry leader recognized as much for its environmentally friendly business practices as its award-winning products.
- The socially conscious, Wayne, N.J.-based organization incorporates energy-efficient product designs backed by industry-breakthrough lifetime warranties. A product and installation partnership with Habitat for Humanity reinforces the company's support for local communities and affordable, energy-efficient housing.
- According to GAF, the ability to fully utilize CommVault's enterprise disk-based backup and recovery, embedded file deduplication and data replication softwarehas led to "greener" IT operations while increasing customer service by guaranteeing that data is protected and can be accessed from anywhere.
- With CommVault's software-based deduplication, GAF states that it consistently achieves data deduplication ratios of greater than 70 percent, which decreases the amount of redundant data along with the company's data storage needs.
- GAF also reports that CommVault's ability to seamlessly support the company's physical and fast growing virtual server environment will yield additional savings in administrative, capital, and energy expenses.
From David West, senior vice president of marketing for CommVault:
- "GAF's ability to reduce digital waste while elevating data management and disaster recovery is a testament to the power of modern data management, which breaks new ground in operational efficiencies and cost savings. Just as GAF works hard to protect its customers with the best and safest choices in roofing products, CommVault is dedicated to providing products that safeguard corporate data by delivering a better way to manage critical information assets."
From Adam Noble, CIO of GAF:
- "With CommVault Simpana software, we've been able to put a plan in place that guarantees our data is protected and can be restored and accessed from anywhere. The fact that we've also been able to reduce both our storage and carbon footprint is a model of eco-friendly IT all companies should strive to achieve."
- GAF Case Study
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software
- More on CommVault backup and recovery
- More on CommVault deduplication
- More on CommVault data replication
- More on CommVault virtual server protection
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds:
- Follow CommVault on Twitter:
- Follow CommVault on Facebook:
- Follow GAF on Facebook:
- Read about GAF's support for Habitat for Humanity in GAF's blog:
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.