— New PartnerAdvantage Program Enables Service Providers, Systems Integrators and Hosting Companies to Deliver Scalable, Managed Data Protection, eDiscovery, Archive and DR Solutions —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — August 17, 2011
Managed service providers (MSPs) are playing an increasingly important role in helping IT organizations develop and deploy virtual public and private cloud strategies. A gap often exists, however, when it comes to ensuring large-scale data management, which can hinder cloud-service rollouts and impact an MSP's ability to meet stringent Service Level Agreements (SLAs). CommVault, with its single platform approach, is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of MSPs while lowering costs and driving IT efficiencies with fully integrated Simpana® software capabilities for data protection, disaster recovery, archive and eDiscovery.
- CommVault introduces a new Service Provider Partner component of its North American PartnerAdvantage program, designed specifically to assist MSPs in streamlining the deployment and management of cloud-based services. With enhanced tools, marketing and training support, CommVault's new PartnerAdvantage Service Provider program assists MSPs in driving high-margin revenue from managed data protection services while ensuring uptime for customers.
- Powered by CommVault® Simpana 9, the PartnerAdvantage Service Provider program offers MSPs a single, modern platform for delivering Managed Backup; Managed Archive for Space Management (e.g., file, email and SharePoint); Managed Email for eDiscovery and Compliance, as well as Disaster Recovery and Business Continuance services.
- Simpana software provides role based access control in a multi-tenant environment, integrated reporting and chargeback capabilities, and VMware Cloud® Director integration, which allow MSPs to deploy and administer data protection functions from a single console for rapid installation, streamlined administration, seamless scalability and faster time to revenue.
- CommVault's simplified capacity-based licensing model with monthly, "pay as you grow" subscriptions aligns easily with MSPs' on-demand pricing models to lower upfront costs while providing investment protection. MSPs can leverage a single unified platform to extend their services easily as customers' needs dictate.
@CommVault intros service provider program to aid #MSPs in streamlining the deployment and management of cloud services http://bit.ly/ru76AU
Lower Operating Costs, Increase Service Levels
- The new program features Authorized, Enterprise and Premier tiers, which enable different types of partners to market, sell, deploy and support managed data protection offerings that deliver increased service levels for both large enterprises and small to medium-sized businesses.
- Simpana software includes compression, encryption and global deduplicationfrom script-free hardware snapshots using the company's snapshot protection technology to safeguard thousands of virtual machines in minutes. Furthermore, integration across third-party snapshots, including Dell, EMC, HP, IBM and NetApp, elevates data protection while removing redundant data and reducing network bandwidth to lower operating costs.
- Native integration with cloud storage services, including Amazon S3, AT&T Synaptic, Mezeo, Microsoft Azure, Nirvanix, Rackspace Cloud Files and other cloud-based products, such as, Dell DX, EMC Atmos and HDS HCP, provide seamless data management across cloud-based storage architectures.
- Additionally, CommVault's integration with VMware vCloud Director enables MSPs to scale the protection of their VMware software-based cloud server offerings, without overburdening their IT staff with labor-intensive and time-consuming provisioning and management.
- Jeff Echols, Senior Director for Global Alliances and Cloud Strategy, for CommVault:
"CommVault is pleased to unveil our new PartnerAdvantage Service Provider Program, which offers a powerful product bundle, training, joint marketing and compelling go-to-market strategies that take full advantage of the award-winning Simpana software suite. In making this program available, we are catering to the unique needs of our service provider partners while enabling them to accelerate revenue growth from cloud-based services and provide higher service levels by utilizing one product platform for all their data management requirements."
- Jim Peterson, CTO, IlliniCloud:
"As one of the first state cloud computing platforms for K-12, IlliniCloud provides state of the art computing storage and networking services throughout Illinois' 860 school districts. We continue to experience upwards of 300% annual data growth which requires a solution that can support massive scalability. Utilizing CommVault has proved to be a big win for us as Simpana 9 allows IlliniCloud to deliver Enterprise level data protection to our K-12 customers at an affordable price. This enables schools to focus their resources on education versus IT, knowing that their data is protected and available."
- Matthew Gerber, CEO, IT-Lifeline:
"Data is growing exponentially and traditional data protection no longer meets current recovery demands. Organizations are being forced to modernize their approach due to larger workload volumes and a dependency on service availability, compounded by limited resources to accomplish their goals. Our customers are demanding virtual machine recovery and deduplication to manage explosive data and limited budgets. IT-Lifeline leverages both the public and private cloud to provide an infinite scalable and secure recovery model. CommVault is a leading player in this rapidly evolving environment and integral to ITL's customer driven vision."
- Mike Parsons, VP of operations for Presilient:
"CommVault's new PartnerAdvantage Service Provider program enables us to leverage a single product platform to meet a variety of data management requirements, which is highly preferred over dealing with multiple data management offerings from disparate vendors. Not only can we pass along the operational, cost and bottom-line benefits to Presilient's customers, we can adhere to the strictest SLAs, win more deals and achieve accelerated revenue streams with CommVault Simpana software thanks to this new program tailored for MSPs."
- Dan Hill, CEO, UbiStor:
"Ubistor is focused on delivering our clients robust hosting platforms, data protection and recovery that is secure, reliable and scalable. Partnering with CommVault gives UbiStor the confidence that we can help address our clients' data and disaster recovery concerns while providing a flexible pricing structure that enables client IT budgets to do more with less."
- Parag Patel, Vice President, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware:
"VMware is focused on enabling more agile IT and consequently more responsive and competitive business through our infrastructure as a service offerings including VMware vCloud® Director. Secure, comprehensive and easily managed backup and disaster recovery capabilities are important components in helping partners and customers deploy hybrid and public cloud offerings. VMware is pleased to partner with CommVault to deliver a fully integrated set of complementary data protection, management and disaster recovery capabilities for VMware vCloud Director."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
VMware and VMware vCloud are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.