—Leading MSP Leverages Simpana Software's Integrated Cloud Connector to Support Cloud-Based Disaster Recovery Service on Amazon Web Services—
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — December 6, 2011
- IT-Lifeline, a leading business recovery service provider, is using CommVault® Simpana® 9 software to fuel the delivery of a new cloud-based disaster recovery (DR) service designed to transform how mid-sized organizations buy, deploy and use IT DR services.
- IT-Lifeline's new BLACKCLOUD® Edge service takes advantage of Simpana software's seamless integration with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to provide a secure DR cloud that costs customers up to 50 percent less than traditionaldisaster recovery services.
- Simpana software's integrated source side deduplication, data encryption andcloud integration transparently and securely moves on-premises backup and archive data into, and out of, Amazon's cloud, which is critical to the MSP from an implementation and support perspective. As a result, IT-Lifeline can scale its new service rapidly and economically without overburdening IT resources.
- According to IT-Lifeline, because of Simpana software's single platform approach to data management, the organization can provide heightened data security, compliance features and keep administrative costs low so additional savings can be passed along to customers.
- By taking advantage of AWS' scalable cloud infrastructure and CommVault's market-leading data management software, IT-Lifeline predicts that BLACKCLOUD Edge will become its fastest growing service and double the size of its business within two years.
@CommVault and @goblackcloud deliver industry-leading #cloud #DR http://bit.ly/sxZpVC
CommVault and Amazon Deliver Industry-Leading Cloud DR
- According to IT-Lifeline, CommVault's singular platform and integrated functionality, including Managed Backup, Recovery, Archive, and Replication, enables their ability to meet customers' evolving recovery requirements as needs dictate.
- Additionally, the ability to deploy both source-side deduplication and encryption together helps IT-Lifeline reduce storage-related costs as well as secure data in-flight or at rest within the storage cloud.
- With CommVault's next-generation virtual server protection, such as VMware Cloud Director integration, the MSP can extend protection of its VMware software-based cloud service without labor-intensive and time-consuming provisioning and management. Moreover, CommVault's SnapProtect technology permits safeguarding thousands of virtual machines.
- Simpana software's role-based access control, integrated reporting and chargeback capabilities further streamlines administration while facilitating faster time to revenue with BLACKCLOUD Edge.
Matthew Gerber, CEO for IT-Lifeline:
Eric Thompson, Solutions Architect for IT-Lifeline:
- "Data security is the big issue in migrating customers to the cloud. We allay concerns by explaining the levels of compliance AWS has achieved along with CommVault's ability to encrypt all the data stored in the cloud. We absolutely lower mid-market barriers of entry to the cloud as the first company to offer this level of enterprise-class DR."
- "It was clear that CommVault was more cloud-ready than its competitors. CommVault has a more forward-looking cloud vision with its Simpana software cloud connector, which provided an easier, better and faster way to bring our new service to market. CommVault also has a fabulous presence in the mid-market, which means they really know best how to service this customer segment."
- "With CommVault, we have access to sales and support tools that enable us to do a better job of servicing our customers. In picking our technology partners, we picked two leaders in their respective markets: Building a new recovery service with these market leaders will keep us out front."
- "As a service provider, we want to keep our administrative costs low and pass those savings to our customers. CommVault offers more features and functionality in a cohesive solution that will give us the ability to scale in ways we couldn't before."
- "CommVault does something very few companies can by offering source-side dedupe and encryption together. IBM, for instance, does one or the other but not both."
- "Technologically, Simpana software is the best fit for our BLACKCLOUD Edge service and it's the best fit for our customers. Simpana is the best of both worlds—it will enable us to grow and scale as an MSP and technically, and it's the right approach for our customers."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.