— CommVault Recognized for Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — January 31, 2011
- CommVault has been positioned in the "Leaders" quadrant in Gartner Inc.'s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise, Disk-Based Backup and Recovery1, which was published January 28, 2011.
- According to the report, "the rising frustration with backup implies that the data protection approaches of the past may no longer suffice in meeting current, much less future, recovery requirements."
- Specifically, Gartner reports that "many organizations are re-architecting their backup infrastructures and support procedures in an effort to modernize their approach to handle new data types and large workload volumes, and to improve backup and restore times."
- In support of this move to modernize data management, CommVault has extendedSimpana® 9 software to take full advantage of hardware snapshot and replicationstorage platforms, deliver both target- and source-side deduplication, as well as expanded support for virtual server environments.
.@CommVault positioned as a leader in 2011 Magic Quadrant for enterprise disk-based backup and recovery http://bit.ly/tHOP
Simpana Software Modernizes Enterprise Data Management
- CommVault continues to gain significant market momentum, especially among larger enterprises, as its unique, policy-driven, single-platform approach and technology features enable customers to realize the benefits from truly modern data management.
- With Simpana software, CommVault bridges the physical storage world and the rapidly emerging virtual one. The result: a better way to reduce data storage complexity and cost, control an explosion of information, address regulatory requirements and integrate seamlessly with cloud computing technologies.
- Simpana software is optimized to protect thousands of virtual machines, reduce the amount of data being transferred across corporate networks by up to 90 percent with universal deduplication and leverage snapshot management to ensure rapid data protection and recovery.
- With Simpana software, CommVault offers unprecedented flexibility to scale customers' backup infrastructure according to the needs of small, large and remote office environments, while easing the integration of other information management capabilities, including archiving, enterprise search, and cloud storage integration, to optimize costs and operations.
David West, vice president of worldwide marketing and business development
"We've built Simpana software from the ground up with a single-platform approach that delivers the automation, intelligence and scalability our customers demand for protecting, storing and recovering massive amounts of information across physical, virtual and cloud-based environments. We believe that Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Enterprise, Disk-Based Backup and Recovery further confirms our leadership in the enterprise backup and data management market, as well as our commitment to helping solve today's tough data and information management challenges. Only Simpana software helps customers achieve unprecedented improvements in IT operations, cost savings and risk reduction."
1 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Disk-Based Backup and Recovery 2011 by Dave Russell, Sheila Childs, Alan Dayley, January 28, 2011.
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2010 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.