Leading Analyst Firm Expects E-Discovery Market is Entering Phase of High Growth
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — June 13, 2011
According to Gartner's report "Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software1," "the eDiscovery software market is entering a phase of high growth." They forecast "a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of approximately 14 percent, which means the total should reach $1.5 billion in 2013. Two factors are driving growth in the market. The first is the continued growth in civil litigation, criminal prosecutions and regulatory oversight which requires enterprises to provide documentation regarding their business activities [...] The second is that, as enterprises adopt new technologies, associated electronic communications are becoming subject to preservation obligations and materials may be required for potential discovery [...]" Consequently, companies are realizing increased costs associated with litigation, internal investigation and the storage requirements of the resulting information archives.
By bringing eDiscovery in-house with Simpana® software, organizations can save money by reducing the amount they spend on lawyers and legal service providers for eDiscovery, while also managing, searching and recovering electronically stored information more efficiently. Within the first year of deploying Simpana software, customers have reported savings of up to 50 percent in overhead and data management costs.
- With its unified backup, archiving and deduplication capabilities, Simpana 9 software provides effective information management that transforms the way organizations retain important records to both reduce the amount of data being retained and ensure that high-value information is properly managed and safeguarded.
- By simplifying data retention and reduction at the same time, Simpana software can help reduce the costs of eDiscovery, mitigate compliance risks and improve corporate access to information.
- Powerful features in the latest version of Simpana software include enterprise search, retention lifecycle management, records declaration and privacy and security – all delivered in a single platform approach to help legal and IT execute eDiscovery requests efficiently and cost effectively.
- More than 2,000 organizations worldwide have deployed Simpana software for archiving and search to support eDiscovery efforts. In particular, CommVault has experienced increased momentum in the healthcare and public sector markets where legal and regulatory requirements continue to evolve.
- Recently named by Gartner Inc. as a visionary in its Magic Quadrant for eDiscovery software, CommVault is modernizing the way organizations manage their enterprise data to address the challenges of exponential information growth, eDiscovery and compliance.
Simpana Software Provides Path to Information Governance
- As the eDiscovery landscape evolves, CommVault delivers the industry's first single, unified information governance platform that collapses the first four to five stages of the EDRM model into a proactive end-to-end approach. This eliminates the need for customers to buy multiple products from different vendors that lack integration to support eDiscovery.
- The Simpana approach drives efficiency throughout the legal processes and underlying software, and differs from competitive solutions in two key ways:
- It governs information from bottom-up proactive methods of collection to manage the retention and access of electronic records from a variety of sources resulting in records ownership without relying on the end user.
- It can be utilized in incremental steps that align to the ownerships needs of an organization to derive tangible return on investment and fast time-to-value.
Nathan Boyd, IT enterprise computing manager, City of Pasadena
- "As a government entity, the City of Pasadena faces ongoing information governance challenges due to increased legal and regulatory requirements. CommVault plays an important role in enabling us to keep all the city's public records where they can be efficiently accessed. By taking advantage of Simpana software's integrated content archiving, we were able to move stale Exchange and file data off expensive tier-one storage into a cheaper enterprise archive. We also project an additional eDiscovery cost savings in administrative overhead by enabling non-IT staff to search and retrieve electronically stored information in response to legal discovery actions."
- "We believe that CommVault's position in this Gartner Magic Quadrant underscores the strength of our information governance vision and the breadth of our solution for the evolving eDiscovery market. We have the strategy and the vision to deliver significant value and operational efficiencies to our customers and further distinguish us from our competitors. With the release of Simpana 9 software, we have provided a more effective way to manage data that streamlines processes, minimizes risks and ultimately improve the value of information."
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software
- Information Governance Resource Center
- CommVault Simpana for eDiscovery
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds: http://news.commvault.com/rss-feeds.asp
- Follow CommVault on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CommVault
- Follow CommVault on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CommVault
1Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software" by Debra Logan and John Bace, May 13, 2011.
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2011 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States. (cvlt-pd)
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' data and results included in this release were supplied to CommVault in good faith by the customer; this information has not been verified. Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.