— CommVault Simpana Solutions Unify Policies Across Clinical and Operational Environments to Reduce Costs, Improve Efficiencies and Meet Compliance Needs —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — March 14, 2011
- For healthcare providers looking to manage their critical infrastructure and ensure vital patient information is both protected and accessible across clinical, operational, virtual and imaging environments, CommVault delivers a set of capabilities built into the recently-released Simpana® 9 software that address key healthcare market needs.
- In response to recent standards set by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, many hospitals and healthcare organizations are implementing information systems to meet new requirements in support of HIPAA and electronic medical records/electronic health records (EMR/ EHRs) adoption.
- The rapid growth in these information systems combined with increased complexity of healthcare delivery and financing present challenges for IT infrastructures as organizations strive to collect, analyze and manage critical information currently distributed among multiple endpoint (workstations, servers, databases, mobile devices) silos.
- With the push for meaningful use and accountable care, Simpana software gives healthcare providers the confidence that their critical systems and information are protected by unifying and automating policies and processes across clinical and operational environments. By simplifying operations and reducing IT overhead, healthcare providers can instead focus on improving the quality of patient care, driving down costs and complying with regulations governing the security and availability of patient data.
- Healthcare organizations can purchase these capabilities directly from CommVault or through its network of healthcare ISV, reseller and strategic technology partners.
.@CommVault helps healthcare IT unify data management processes across clinical and operational environments http://bit.ly/iuT0u
CommVault Helps Healthcare Institutions Address Their Critical Business Issues
- CommVault is seeing increased traction in the healthcare market as more organizations adopt CommVault's single platform approach to data and information management. As worldwide IT spending is forecast to resume, CommVault is well positioned to increase its footprint, especially in key vertical industries like healthcare with Simpana software capabilities that can help customers with the following:
- Manage growth of clinical data and patient information in an increasingly complex IT environment. Data that resides in various healthcare applications and systems continue to grow at an exponential rate. In addition to increased storage costs, sharing and accessing information from these disparate systems can be difficult. Simpana software breaks down organizational silos through holistic policy-based data management. Data in a variety of systems can be backed-up, archived, deduped, searched and accessed using a single management console.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and external regulations. The growing number of audits and compliance requirements demand that healthcare institutions keep information for longer periods of time while maintaining seamless and rapid access to content. Simpana software delivers archive, search and retrieval capabilities of clinical and operational data that allows customers to align their retention policies with healthcare regulations such as HIPAA, as well as internal governance processes.
- Plan for disaster recovery and business continuity. Site wide disasters or any unplanned downtime can significantly reduce clinical productivity and impact patient safety. For these reasons, data needs to be managed and protected so that it can be readily restored when accidentally deleted or when a complete system recovery is needed. Simpana software helps to reduce the cost and complexity of disaster recovery. By replicating data to an off-site location at the moment it is created, healthcare organizations can minimize the risk of data loss and service interruptions.
- Perform effective eDiscovery. The exponential growth of data, coupled with evolving healthcare-specific laws and amendments to the U.S. Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP), make responding to healthcare litigation costly and complex. In addition to providing unprecedented access and search to information in clinical and non-clinical systems, Simpana software's eDiscovery capabilities deliver business intelligence for all types of electronically stored information. This helps legal departments to rapidly find key evidence, assess their position quickly and mitigate costs enabling them to choose the best strategy earlier in the litigation process.
- Simplify management of multiple virtualization platforms. Healthcare organizations continue to be pressured to reduce IT cost and leverage existing IT investments. As a result, hospitals and other clinical organizations are moving away from traditional IT environments to more efficient, virtualized "on demand" architectures that better utilize the full capacity of existing servers. While virtualizing health IT environments can address these needs, it can also introduce significant complexity, overhead and risk. Simpana software allows healthcare organizations to seamlessly bridge physical and virtual environments with a high performance, scalable solution that ensures mission-critical application data is protected and recoverable, while reducing the impact on IT operations and budgets.
Teri Moraga, vice president of enterprise applications support, Sharp Healthcare:
"Managing the number of applications our IT team oversees in a single day is a huge task for a busy hospital like Sharp Healthcare. The CommVault Simpana single platform approach allows us to consolidate our numerous data management applications into one solution which has significantly lowered our risk and cut costs. By automating and centralizing our backups using NDMP, we've improved the reliability of the backup process and are more confident that our data can be recovered quickly and efficiently. CommVault technology helps us deliver on our SLAs so that now, in the event of a disaster, we can be ready to restore application data within 24 hours which is the difference between life and death in a hospital."
Brian Babineau, vice president, research and analyst services, Enterprise Strategy Group:
"According to ESG's 2011 IT spending intentions1 research, the top five strategic IT initiatives over the next 12-18 months in healthcare include regulatory compliance initiatives, major application deployments and upgrades, increased use of server virtualization, and business continuity/ disaster recovery programs. These are reflective of this particular industry's commitment to protecting and securing data while ensuring its availability and accessibility to optimize decisions and favorable outcomes."
Dave West, vice president of marketing and business development, CommVault:
"For the healthcare industry, managing the significant amount of patient and clinical information across hundreds of systems is a monumental task. Data needs to be protected and preserved while also being accessible and retrievable. Simpana software helps healthcare organizations to adopt a single and unified information management approach that in turn helps them to reduce costs, increase efficiencies and meet their strict compliance needs."
1 IT Spending Intentions Survey by Bill Lundell and John McKnight with Jennifer Gahm, January 2011.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, CommValue and ROMS, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.