CommVault Named a Winner of Two Midsize Enterprise Summit 2011 Innovation Awards
—Simpana 9 Wins in "Best Midmarket Solution" Categories of "Best Software" and "Best Services"—
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — September 26, 2011
CommVault® Simpana® 9 software and its related services offerings were honored among the exceptional solutions that solve the most pressing IT challenges facing midmarket companies at the Midsize Enterprise Summit West 2011 Innovation Awards. Simpana software's modern approach to protecting and managing data regardless of where it resides continues to separate CommVault from the outdated, legacy systems on the market today.
- CommVault has been named a winner of the Midsize Enterprise Summit West 2011 Innovation Awards in the categories of "Best Midmarket Solution, Software" and "Best Midmarket Solution, Services." CommVault was honored among a field of top IT vendors and services providers.
- Announced on September 13 at the Summit, the annual awards recognize leading IT solutions across eight categories including best hardware, software, and service solutions for the midmarket. The Innovation Awards are voted on solely by the 230 attending IT decision-makers, who directly influence their companies' and their peers' technology buying decisions.
- Winning these prestigious Innovation Awards is paramount to increasing market visibility and product credibility within the noisy midsize enterprise IT market.
- The event brought together senior IT executives with industry analysts and leading and emerging technology vendors to explore an agenda of critical market issues and trends affecting midmarket IT professionals today such as mobility, cloud, and virtualization – and featured leading IT solutions to address those issues.
CommVault Addresses Midmarket Customer Needs
- For the growing midmarket-business segment, CommVault provides technology and solutions that uniquely address the business processes, IT infrastructure needs, and future growth costs associated with managing increasing amounts of data.
- CommVault's expertise in building critical data protection and information management solutions based on Microsoft application and server technologies help expand on midmarket customers' current data management foundations. Recent CommVault offerings include a bundle of backup and archive software to simplify data protection and recovery.
- Additionally, CommVault's recently announced Virtual Infrastructure Reference Architecture Leaders (VIRAL) program provides capabilities designed to accelerate the expansion of virtual infrastructures among midmarket customers.
- By bundling Simpana software with leading hardware, CommVault's innovative channel programs help ease the deployment of solutions for key business challenges. CommVault channel bundles enable partners to offer end users tailored solutions that help drive operational efficiencies, regulatory compliance, cost savings and increased data availability.
CommVault Simpana Software Solves Data Protection for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Simpana software solves the problem of protecting enterprise data – from the data center to the edge, and to the cloud – by integrating application intelligence with heterogeneous hardware snapshots, indexing, deduplication, and replication to efficiently capture, move, retain, find and recover data from any storage tier, including snapshots, disk, tape and cloud.
- Simpana software is one product built on a single platform to intelligently manage and protect data and information across heterogeneous applications, hypervisors, operating systems and infrastructure from a single console.
- With a single, modern platform, CommVault Simpana software replaces legacy solutions which are a collection of loosely integrated tools, appliances and disparate point products that impact operational efficiency, are costly and leave businesses at risk.
CommVault Services Ensure Optimal Simpana Software Deployment
- CommVault Services offerings include Professional Services, Training, Customer Support and Remote Operations Management Service (ROMS®).
- CommVault Services ensures optimal infrastructure design and Simpana software deployment, speeds time to Simpana software proficiency and provides expert support to maximize the value of customers' investments in CommVault technology.
- The ROMS offering is a fully-integrated, cloud-based operations management software-as-a-service that allows customers to automate data protection operations and access real-time information and trends in an easy-to-use, GUI-driven dashboard.
- David West, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Business Development for CommVault:
"CommVault is honored to be recognized by the IT decision makers who attended the Midsize Enterprise Summit. Our mission is to develop truly innovative solutions that not only solve the data management challenges of today, but also build in solutions for the challenges of tomorrow. With our leading-edge technology combined with our exceptional services offerings, CommVault continues to be recognized for our holistic approach to data and information management and our ability to improve operational efficiencies and cut costs."
- Robert DeMarzo, Sr. Vice President of Strategic Content, Everything Channel:
"The Innovation Awards honor the vendors with the most exceptional solutions to address today's most pressing IT challenges. These dynamic, high quality solutions clearly add value for customers and prospects and we congratulate all the winning companies."
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software
- CommVault Services
- More on the Midsize Enterprise Summit West
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds: http://news.commvault.com/rss-feeds.asp
- Follow CommVault on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CommVault
- Follow CommVault on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CommVault
About Everything Channel
Everything Channel is the premier provider of IT channel-focused events, media, research, consulting, and sales and marketing services. With over 30 years of experience and engagement, Everything Channel has the unmatched channel expertise to execute integrated solutions for technology executives managing partner recruitment, enablement and go-to-market strategy in order to accelerate technology sales. Everything Channel is a UBM company. To learn more about Everything Channel, visit us athttp://www.everythingchannel.com. Follow us on Twitter athttp://twitter.com/everythingchnl.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewelry traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Product or service names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.